Show me your ti bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Thanks Marin - thinking about a ti ‘do it all’ bike for my next milestone birthday! Yours is certainly a great reference to what is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbaillie

by jbaillie

@charlieboy52000 is that Helix running SRAM Force brake levers w/ Red shifters?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elgen

by elgen

Marin wrote:
DutchMountains wrote:That is a very nice bike Marin! What brakes are these, that they fit both 700x35c and 650Bx42c? The only thing that is missing is a pair of mudguards to make it a proper winter bike ;-)

I assume the seat post is custom painted? Doesn't the paint get damaged when you make small height adjustments?

Thanks!

The brakes are TRP RG957 for the 700c wheels and Tektro R559s for 650b. The 559s have just enought adjustment to be used for both wheel sizes, but the braking isn't as good as on the TRPs, even with the same pads.

Post & stem are custom painted, and yes, the paint gets scratched. However, I simply started with a high saddle position and only had to adjust downwards :D For the next project, I'd only paint the post down to a few mm above the clamp area so the black carbon would visually blend with the black clamp.

Winter bike: Of course, frame & fork have hidden mudguard mounts, and I have a fitted set of full-size SKS with mudflaps sitting in the workshop. No rack mounts because bikepacking.

Today is the day when almost all "roadies" say THANKS to avoid purchase a gravel bike. For sure.... I will test 559...

Hellgate

by Hellgate

My 14 YO Davidson. 2015+ SR, Shamal Ultras. 16.56lbs.

I'm just beginning the process for a 333fab road bike. This one will have OS, DB tubes, 44mm head tube, SR group.Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

charlieboy52000

by charlieboy52000

Imaking20 wrote:
charlieboy52000 wrote:Lynskey helix 2015

Litespeed T1 2015

Looks like you're someone who appreciates a stiff ride. Anything in particular one bike does better (or different) than the other?

They are both very similar in riding stiffness. The Litespeed being more stiff. The Litespeed is more aggressive in geometry, more refined craftsmanship over all than the Lynsey.
The Lynsey I build as my spare bike.
They both have that Ti feeling of suppleness. I am a big strong dude at 215lbs 6 feet height. They flex under heavy power regardless but nothing insane although shifting has been compromised at times.
For example going up a hill with 39/12 if I would get off the saddle the front chainring will try to move up at times due to the flex at the bottom.
Over all both are nice bikes although my favorite is the Litespeed.

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

39/12 is not really a recommended gear because of significant cross-chaining...

colster

by colster

@charlieboy52000 hey what frame size are those? The T1 looks smaller in the pic, noticeably at the headtube. Although I notice you run a spacer on the T1

charlieboy52000

by charlieboy52000

colster wrote:@charlieboy52000 hey what frame size are those? The T1 looks smaller in the pic, noticeably at the headtube. Although I notice you run a spacer on the T1

Both are 54. The Litespeed is way aggressive and I had to place a 5mm spacer on the fork. The Litespeed frame is more compact more race oriented which makes it more stiff.

charlieboy52000

by charlieboy52000

Lightweenie wrote:39/12 is not really a recommended gear because of significant cross-chaining...

In Miami for strength training you have to work with what you got. There are no hills to get strong so you have to go up the bridges and grind.

Delorre

by Delorre

charlieboy52000 wrote:
Lightweenie wrote:39/12 is not really a recommended gear because of significant cross-chaining...

In Miami for strength training you have to work with what you got. There are no hills to get strong so you have to go up the bridges and grind.

Use 52/16, and you have the exact same gear ratio, without horrid cross chain :shock:

TonyM

by TonyM

Marin wrote:

Where is it?

Marin

by Marin

TonyM wrote:Where is it?

The 1st pic was taken during the "King of the Lake" team time trial around lake Attersee, the 2nd pic is in Vienna.

charlieboy52000

by charlieboy52000

Delorre wrote:
charlieboy52000 wrote:

Use 52/16, and you have the exact same gear ratio, without horrid cross chain :shock:

And then I lose top speed when I sprint at 45 plus sometimes?
It is not a common combo. Chain bounces off too much at high cadences and for strength is not suitable. Now I used it recovering from and injury and was just used as an example for informational purposes. Please let’s not get into the whole ratios and what not argument. Thanks for the advice.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I think this is going to be fun. 6040g as it sits.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Nice, very clean build! What forks are those?