Show me your ti bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Nice!!! You used to have a silver and blue framed Superpave too didn’t you? Running 1x. What derailleur did you run in that set-up? I’m thinking of a steel 1x build soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Point

by Point

Marin wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:21 am
Can we get a spec list for this please?
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

Mhawk1

by Mhawk1

My Lynskey Backroad 1x di2 commuter. Not a weenie build!
7435C951-28E9-4C1F-B284-08E89CA53282.jpeg

Marin

by Marin

Point wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:15 pm
Marin wrote:
Heretic CLX frame, Whisky No7 RD+ forks, Sram Red / Force 1, XX1 cassette, Shimano BB, no-name bars and seatpost, Kalloy stem, EIE wheels, TRP 957 brakes, Tune Saddle, Ritchey Micro pedals, Tange headset, some ti bolts.

Etienne

by Etienne

My 2019 project ...

Lugan

by Lugan

Etienne wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:16 pm
My 2019 project ...
Nice bike. Great choice of seatpost for this kind of bike (I use it on both a gravel and CX race bike). What is the frame? I can't quite make out the etched name on the downtube...Leon?
Last edited by Lugan on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

cadence90

by cadence90

Lugan wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:44 pm
Etienne wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:16 pm
My 2019 project ...
Nice bike. Great choice of seatpost for this kind of bike (I use it on both a gracel and CX race bike). What is the frame? I can't quite make out the etched name on the downtube...Leon?
Beautiful indeed.
Yes, Léon, from near Strasbourg FRA. Everything I have seen from them looks very nice.
https://cycles-leon.com/
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

cadence90

by cadence90

Marin wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:38 am
Point wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:15 pm
Marin wrote:
Heretic CLX frame, Whisky No7 RD+ forks, Sram Red / Force 1, XX1 cassette, Shimano BB, no-name bars and seatpost, Kalloy stem, EIE wheels, TRP 957 brakes, Tune Saddle, Ritchey Micro pedals, Tange headset, some ti bolts.
You do such nice work. Congratulations.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Etienne

by Etienne

cadence90 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:16 pm
Beautiful indeed.
Yes, Léon, from near Strasbourg FRA. Everything I have seen from them looks very nice.
The quality of the frame is excellent ... welds are very neat and clean and the geometry is exactly as expected.
Lugan wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:44 pm
Nice bike. Great choice of seatpost for this kind of bike (I use it on both a gravel and CX race bike). What is the frame? I can't quite make out the etched name on the downtube...Leon?
Thanks Lugan for your comment ... as Cadence90 wrote, Leon is a Ti bike brand located in eastern France. Frames are custom designed, geometry, tubing, internal or external cables, etc. then welded in Asia, hence the relatively affordable price.

addictR1

by addictR1

Anyone here tried a Ti road bike from J&L titanium from eBay? Their frame looks reasonable and I’ve used their Ti stiff in the past (spindles, bolts, etc).

Just check if there’s any feedback on reliability and ride quality.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cadence90

by cadence90

addictR1 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:47 pm
Anyone here tried a Ti road bike from J&L titanium from eBay? Their frame looks reasonable and I’ve used their Ti stiff in the past (spindles, bolts, etc).

Just check if there’s any feedback on reliability and ride quality.

Thanks
Like you, I have bought and used titanium components from J&L in the past, found the components to be well-made, as described, and durable under use after several years now. Also, the communication, etc. was superb, and so I would not hesitate to buy again.

That said, I know nothing of their frames. I have never seen one irl, let alone ridden one.
What tubing do they use? Guaranteed to be that specific tubing? Etc...

As Etienne replied just above regarding his Leon frame, "Frames are custom designed, geometry, tubing, internal or external cables, etc. then welded in Asia, hence the relatively affordable price." Those are all critical points. Can J&L answer to that level of detail/specificity, or are they only selling a generic, details-unknown frame? If only the second, I myself would pass.

addictR1

by addictR1

Yea I was thinking the same. I have my reserves. Another one is motobecane Ti.. it’s made by ORA in Taiwan which I know does a great job in welding Ti. They even make for another company in Taiwan called Rikulau.

But price range wise J&L is much cheaper... just haven’t seen anyone review about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cadence90

by cadence90

addictR1 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:24 am
Yea I was thinking the same. I have my reserves. Another one is motobecane Ti.. it’s made by ORA in Taiwan which I know does a great job in welding Ti. They even make for another company in Taiwan called Rikulau.

But price range wise J&L is much cheaper... just haven’t seen anyone review about it.
You certainly have done your research. I cannot speak to any of those companies from direct experience (but have heard that Rikulau are fine), and I would also be surprised if you find enough reviews regarding J&L frames to really affect your decision one way or another.

So, the best you can probably do in terms of gathering information is to ask J&L all the questions you can, see how well/expertly they reply, and then trust your instincts from there. If they do not reply in detail. move on. It's certainly never a bargain if the tubing/welding/algnment/etc/etc is of lesser quality. Good luck.

Marin

by Marin

burglarboycie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:41 pm
Nice!!! You used to have a silver and blue framed Superpave too didn’t you? Running 1x. What derailleur did you run in that set-up? I’m thinking of a steel 1x build soon.
I'm currently using Force 1 derailleurs only (3 builds), but at one time I used a Sram X0 on the Superpavé I think. It couldn't take a 10-42 though.

addictR1

by addictR1

cadence90 wrote:
addictR1 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:24 am

You certainly have done your research. I cannot speak to any of those companies from direct experience (but have heard that Rikulau are fine), and I would also be surprised if you find enough reviews regarding J&L frames to really affect your decision one way or another.

So, the best you can probably do in terms of gathering information is to ask J&L all the questions you can, see how well/expertly they reply, and then trust your instincts from there. If they do not reply in detail. move on. It's certainly never a bargain if the tubing/welding/algnment/etc/etc is of lesser quality. Good luck.
Yes Rikulau is actually welded by ORA.
Thanks for the tip... I’ll chat with J&L and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com