Show me your ti bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

@marin is that a 3T cassette? How big is the chainring?

Marin

by Marin

Klaster_1 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:38 pm
@marin is that a 3T cassette? How big is the chainring?
Yes, it's a 3T Bailout 9-32 on a 38t chainring, a combo I pedaled to 70kph yesterday (yes, downhill ;)

I often run fat tired wheels in the bike, but then with a 10-42 cassette, for paved + unpaved roads.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Marin wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:47 pm
Yes, it's a 3T Bailout 9-32 on a 38t chainring, a combo I pedaled to 70kph yesterday (yes, downhill ;)
I just ordered the same :D

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

Marin wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:25 pm
Grand Bois Cypres EL (i.e. as a set from Libertecycles.nl) could be an option.
That's a useful information, thank you very much ! I thought this brand stopped to sell because I didn't find any place to buy them.

It's a first time I saw a ti fork like this, what is the brand ? Nice bike, like usual :) I was with 1x one year ago and I can't understand how you continue to use it with all this gap but anyway, if it meets your needs :)

addictR1

by addictR1

fxx wrote:
pdlpsher1 wrote:Are you worried about galvanic corrosion? Aluminum and titanium are dissimilar metals and don’t go well together. But all headset cups are made of aluminum and I haven’t heard of any issues with regards to headsets. So you should be Ok. Perhaps this would be a good question for Lynskey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am concerned with cracking and deformation especially at the bottom cup, also if you notice, Lynskey Ti frames have the highest percentage of aluminum in the frames, headset cups, flat mount hardware on the stays, insert sleeve on the seat tube and the thru axle hardware are all aluminum.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
How do you know Lynskey has the most aluminum? What about litespeed? Particularly the T1SL, does that mean it uses more aluminum to get it that light?

fxx

by fxx

addictR1 wrote:
fxx wrote:
pdlpsher1 wrote:Are you worried about galvanic corrosion? Aluminum and titanium are dissimilar metals and don’t go well together. But all headset cups are made of aluminum and I haven’t heard of any issues with regards to headsets. So you should be Ok. Perhaps this would be a good question for Lynskey.

I am concerned with cracking and deformation especially at the bottom cup, also if you notice, Lynskey Ti frames have the highest percentage of aluminum in the frames, headset cups, flat mount hardware on the stays, insert sleeve on the seat tube and the thru axle hardware are all aluminum.

How do you know Lynskey has the most aluminum? What about litespeed? Particularly the T1SL, does that mean it uses more aluminum to get it that light?

Look at the T1SL and you examine at all those parts I mentioned and you will see no aluminum.

RyanH

by RyanH

Litespeed uses an aluminum insert in the seat tube as a reducer to get the ID of the seat tube to 31.6mm. It's only a handful of cm long. Lynskey also uses it on the head tube for some strange and ugly reason.

jadedaid

by jadedaid

This is my No.22 Great Divide Disc. It was built up to just over 18lb with a Romin Evo.

Attachments
96547433-99E3-47AB-A158-E61A7B21118E.jpeg

phillyt1988

by phillyt1988

Couple of updates to my Burls Ti, weight at just over 7.3kg.

Attachments
860E50B2-B3D4-423D-AF73-8EEACDEAB03D.JPG

WinterRider

by WinterRider

RyanH wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm
Litespeed uses an aluminum insert in the seat tube as a reducer to get the ID of the seat tube to 31.6mm. It's only a handful of cm long. Lynskey also uses it on the head tube for some strange and ugly reason.
And.. they make no mention of this on their site.. that I could find.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

alibudia1712

by alibudia1712

WinterRider wrote:
RyanH wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm
And.. they make no mention of this on their site.. that I could find.
I remove the seat tube Al insertion on my Lynskeys and they come in for 30.9mm and 31.6mm. now both don't use Al insertImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

fxx

by fxx

alibudia1712 wrote: I remove the seat tube Al insertion on my Lynskeys and they come in for 30.9mm and 31.6mm. now both don't use Al insertImage

How did you remove the AL inserts, I thought they were epoxy bonded? Any benefit for removing the inserts?

alibudia1712

by alibudia1712

How did you remove the AL inserts, I thought they were epoxy bonded? Any benefit for removing the inserts?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk[/quote]

I removed it using bearing puller. The Al insertion weight around 50 grams. with 31.6mm seatpost or 30.9 I can get a lighter seatpost (difference made around 100 to 130 grams reduced) and stiffer than 27.2 with insertion that i guest some time later make some tick noise if you are not periodically light grease the seatpost tube.Image

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

New Lysnkey Helix Sport for me:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com