Show us your CAAD12 frameset (non disc) builds

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

evan326

by evan326

ultyguy wrote:
evan326 wrote:How are you liking the hylix post? I have one on order, figured that it would be worth trying for the price. I have the same bike with similar plans. Got a new saddle, post is on order, wheels or bars are next

Unfortunately it's total crap, bad tolerances, lots of slippage, went back to the ugly Cannondale one :-(

Really? I've since gotten mine, using fiber grip it hasn't slipped at all for me. I've only had about 3 rides though, cold weather is coming....
What do you mean by bad tolerances?

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Ultegra di2
Roval clx 60mm Clinchers Wheelset
Ultegra Pedals
Everything else is stock
Attachments
CAAD12.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kervelo

by kervelo

kervelo wrote:I just purchased (ordered) a CAAD12 frameset , but it has not yet arrived. The colour is the same as the frame of @alexneumuller earlier in this thread.

I also ordered the Cannondale Save 25.4 seatpost for the bike, but the availability for it is in mid-December.

My frame arrived. Briefly opened the box and checked the weight
- size 58 frame with seat post collar 1180 g
- uncut fork 358 g

kervelo

by kervelo

I received the bottom bracket for my frame: Wishbone bb30a25c. I have yet to test the fit with my chainset, but the build quality seems to be great.
http://www.wishbonetw.com/product-1.php?id=31

I chose this part instead of the bbinfinite, because it can be removed easier, if needed.

SDCAAD

by SDCAAD

Pretty but pretty hefty still

RonnieGardocki

by RonnieGardocki

alexneumuller wrote:My Caad12 built with Enve Cockpit, SRAM Red, SRM Powermeter & HED Belgiums on R45 Hubs! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Alex - great looking bike! Been thinking of the Red 22 crank for a caad12 I'm building up. Did you make the BB30 work in the BB30a shell? Or run a GXP crankset with a bb adapter?

Thanks!

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

RonnieGardocki wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:My Caad12 built with Enve Cockpit, SRAM Red, SRM Powermeter & HED Belgiums on R45 Hubs! Image

Hey Alex - great looking bike! Been thinking of the Red 22 crank for a caad12 I'm building up. Did you make the BB30 work in the BB30a shell? Or run a GXP crankset with a bb adapter?

Thanks!

Thank you! Am running a GXP crankset with a BB adapter, as I had the SRM power meter from another bike and did not want to waste it! Was the easiest way, but got a ceramic bb adapter so that increased the cost again!

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

grover

by grover

FYI, to install SRAM BB30 cranks on Cannondale BB30A just remove the 5mm spacer from the non-drive side before installation.

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

grover wrote:FYI, to install SRAM BB30 cranks on Cannondale BB30A just remove the 5mm spacer from the non-drive side before installation.

Sir.. are you implying about the preload adjuster/spacer? I'm having currently having issues installing a Red22 BB30 on my CAAD12.

:beerchug:

evan326

by evan326

grover

by grover

FLtrooper wrote:
grover wrote:FYI, to install SRAM BB30 cranks on Cannondale BB30A just remove the 5mm spacer from the non-drive side before installation.

Sir.. are you implying about the preload adjuster/spacer? I'm having currently having issues installing a Red22 BB30 on my CAAD12.

BB30A has 5mm extra shell width on the non drive side. So you need to make 5mm of room on the spindle on the non drive side to install the cranks.

If there is a 5mm spacer and a threaded preload adjuster. Remove the 5mm spacer and just use the threaded preload adjuster. This is the setup for Force/Rival/Quarq cranksets

If there is only the threaded preload adjuster, remove it and use only a wavy washer for bearing preload (plus some micro shims as needed). This is the setup for Red cranks (exluding Quarq)

If there is only a wavy washer, your cranks can't be installed (original Red, 10 speed Force/Rival)

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

gsindela

by gsindela

wolfesquire wrote:Image

That is a beautiful bike!
2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

gsindela wrote:
wolfesquire wrote:Image

That is a beautiful bike!

X2... looks awesome!

:)
:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jopie666

by Jopie666

Wheels are a bit to deep for me. But looks very impressive. What are they? 80mm china clinchers?
Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?