the Cipollini club

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

MrMojo

by MrMojo

Flowy wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:34 am
Hello, I join the Cipollini Club with a Nk1k. Still in build process. As I didn't find in the weenie forum a single information about eeBrake G4 direct mount and Nk1k frame - so I let ppl know here for the future, it does NOT fit the seat stay 😢 costs me a lot of time to find out the hard way.
I tried to fit some Bontrager Speed Stop direct mount brakes on my NK1K with no luck, didn't fit. eeBrake do a Direct Mount Adapter for a Specialized Tarmac SL6 and I wondered if this would work but never tried.

I now have eeBrakes on my C64 :)
2021 Colnago Master
2020 Colnago C64
2017 Colnago C60
2017 Colnago V1-R
2014 Cipollini RB1K
2008 Colnago Extreme C
2005 Colnago C50
2001 Colnago C40
1996 Colnago Tecnos

Flowy

by Flowy

I tried the El Platino with normal length of the lever. No chance, the lever can't even be pulled - zero clearance.

I wrote an email to the ProblemSolver company with the a similar idea like the Tarmac adapter.
The answer was: possible not doable cos if to many different frame geos... Well canecreek bring out G5 🙃 please.

Good to know that the Bontrager does not fit too. Was close to order them cos of the lack of direct mount rim brakes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

How is the inside of your frame like the bb shell, headtube etc.? We saw some messy Cipollini bbs and I wonder.

Flowy

by Flowy

I took some pictures of the headtube and BB:

The headtube is omfg:

The red thing must be the plastic bag that I have read in the forum. Well as long it is only inside and normal from the molding process I don't care that much.
Last edited by Flowy on Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flowy

by Flowy

For the record the website claims 1050g for a naked size M with rim brakes.
Well this frame is naked and M with rim brakes, weight is around 1140g. I did not uninstall front and rear hanger for measuring. Everything else was removed.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Flowy wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:05 am
I took some pictures of the headtube and BB:

The headtube is omfg:

The red thing must be the plastic bag that I have read in the forum. Well as long it is only inside and normal from the molding process I don't care that much.
not the best finish in the world - heaps of resin rich regions. Too much resin means the carbon ends up being weaker, not stronger.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

polaris

by polaris

Bye bye Lynskey, hello Cipollini...

Cipollini Bond Disc
Prime Black Edition 50mm
SRAM etap HRD
Selle Italia C59
Continental 5000s (with tubes)
7.5kg (incl. pedals,2x bottle cages, garmin mount)
.....but it still has to work!

cveks

by cveks

polaris wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:44 am
Bye bye Lynskey, hello Cipollini...

Cipollini Bond Disc
Prime Black Edition 50mm
SRAM etap HRD
Selle Italia C59
Continental 5000s (with tubes)
7.5kg (incl. pedals,2x bottle cages, garmin mount)

great looking bike. Cheers mate.

cveks

by cveks

Recently I tested Cipollini NK1K . I was amazed how this bike feels good. It is not just super stable on high speeds which you expect from aero bike. It looks and feels great on big mountain climbs as well. It is really all rounder which you cant tell for many other aero bikes which feel sluggish in mountains.

kgt

by kgt

This is what most people who have tried one agree with.
Cipollinis are really special frames. Geometry helps, stiffness helps; it is also important that most are real monocoques.

engsohere

by engsohere

Hello, new here very much enjoyed the conversation. I just got a bond and noticed some quality issues. It's a new frame that's been sitting around for some time so I got a great deal. It came with a sealed certificate of authenticity matching the frame number. Would like to know if any of you have these concerns with your bike.
Attachments
appears to be two tape marks overlapping the carbon fiber
appears to be two tape marks overlapping the carbon fiber
There is a dent right at location of my thumb
There is a dent right at location of my thumb
Very noticeable pitting in the clear coat
Very noticeable pitting in the clear coat

christiancarr

by christiancarr

Pretty common on Cipollini. Read the label on your frame, they call these ´imperfections´ a ´proof of excellence´ :roll: :D

zappafile123

by zappafile123

christiancarr wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:21 am
Pretty common on Cipollini. Read the label on your frame, they call these ´imperfections´ a ´proof of excellence´ :roll: :D
Seems like questionable QC practices to me. Is it possible that Cipllolini really are just neatly, and attractively packaged crap (from a manufacturing perspective)?
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

christiancarr

by christiancarr

zappafile123 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:19 am
christiancarr wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:21 am
Cipllolini really are just neatly, and attractively packaged crap (from a manufacturing perspective)?
I´d partially agree with this, they are not worth their price at all. At least they are nice and stiff, but only due to use of tons of carbon in the molds that makes them pretty heavy. No special technology, just ordinary frame that costs 5 times more than it should. But people are rich, so why not?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com