the Cipollini club

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

MiddMan

by MiddMan

@kgt, I know measurements will differ depending on saddle, but do you have any way of measuring/ finding out how many cm the seat link + saddle will add to overall length when fitted into the seatmast of an RB800?

I need to reach a saddle height of 82-83 cm. I think I can do it with an UNCUT isp on a size XL (according to measurement I have from bb to top of uncut seatmast). But I want to be sure the seatpost topper + saddle will indeed put me at the right height.

PS. Asked US distributor many times never got an answer, this info I have on length of uncut isp is from private sale.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

I am afraid I cannot answer that. My only relation to Cipollini is that I used to ride a Bond for a couple of years before my Time Skylon...

MiddMan

by MiddMan

I love the Skylon! That would be my first choice actually (Aktiv version), but the price on the RB800 I found is much cheaper so in my price range. How does the ride compare to your Bond? Any things I should consider before pulling trigger on a Cipo? (fwiw it's a new frame, never ridden or assembled.)

kgt

by kgt

Skylon is a better frame than the Bond and the Bond was a great ride already. I have a few comments on my thread.
If you found the RB800 at a good price just go for it. It is one of the sexiest frames ever IMO.

AZK

by AZK

MiddMan wrote:@kgt, I know measurements will differ depending on saddle, but do you have any way of measuring/ finding out how many cm the seat link + saddle will add to overall length when fitted into the seatmast of an RB800?

I need to reach a saddle height of 82-83 cm. I think I can do it with an UNCUT isp on a size XL (according to measurement I have from bb to top of uncut seatmast). But I want to be sure the seatpost topper + saddle will indeed put me at the right height.

PS. Asked US distributor many times never got an answer, this info I have on length of uncut isp is from private sale.

I have an XL RB1000 and had to cut the ISP to get the saddle down 83-84cm range

The RB800 uses the same ISP topper but I'm not sure if the frame is sent with the same size uncut ISP. Is the frame you looking at cut already? I can measure the top of ISP to rails for you if you want?

If you can get a Cipollini for a good price you should really go for it. Most synergetic experience I've had.

53x12

by 53x12

I hope that the mods reverse course and leave group bike threads like this open instead of being heavy handed and locking them. Lots of great information is discussed in a specific frame/company thread like this with great pictures and ideas. Hope they will let us keep threads like this.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Excellent move by the moderators to re-open these threads. And now to formally join the Cipollini club...

The mods should also be happy to know that I will soon be starting a proper build thread, but at the moment I just have the frame.

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

NEW RB1K

AZK

by AZK

MiddMan wrote:Excellent move by the moderators to re-open these threads. And now to formally join the Cipollini club...

The mods should also be happy to know that I will soon be starting a proper build thread, but at the moment I just have the frame.

:welcome: Great colour RB800!

tomgru

by tomgru

new updates ;-P

- shimano dura ace 9150 di2 groupset
- enve 3.4 tubular wheels

Last edited by tomgru on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boshk

by Boshk

MiddMan wrote:Excellent move by the moderators to re-open these threads. And now to formally join the Cipollini club...

how did you find a new RB800 frame! nice!!

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Boshk wrote:
how did you find a new RB800 frame! nice!!

Some patience, prayer, and a bit of luck ;)

I hope I can build it up and post the finished product here soon!

Boshk

by Boshk

This colour is so nice!!
Attachments
nk1k-ottanio.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leej88

by leej88

Quick question:

How does the Cipollini Bond compare to say the RB1K or the NK1K?

Came across a Cipollini Bond sent in for service at my LBS and can't help but notice the MASSIVE BB/chainstay section.

Personally, I like the NK1K but the Bond seems like a really stiff frame that looks fun to sprint with.

I'm not a great rider but I do enjoy sprints and was hoping to try for myself what a *sprint* bike is like. All that stiffness could really help as I'm on the large side (83kg+ 183cm).