Cannondale FSi builds

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

gfeldy

by gfeldy

Does anyone have a FSi build to show off?
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
S Works Epic HT Blurple tuned
Kitsbow
S Works Epic Blurple tuned - Sold :doh:
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gfeldy

by gfeldy

Nothing?
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

N.T

by N.T

Delivery time for those is about march 2015...
Fuelled by kofein

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Some people here are racing them already. They must be available in other countries as well :)

I'd like to try one, but I'm curious about the increase in reach, and what it means wrt. sizing. I have a feeling I'd fit the medium better than the large (179 cm, currently riding a large F29).

gfeldy

by gfeldy

I was told mine will be arriving in Oct.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

gfeldy

by gfeldy

[quote="I'd like to try one, but I'm curious about the increase in reach, and what it means wrt. sizing. I have a feeling I'd fit the medium better than the large (179 cm, currently riding a large F29).[/quote]

I race a Med Scalpel and debated on getting a small FSi. I think the real advantage to the FSi is the lower stack.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

EvoUltimate

by EvoUltimate

I think they are already available in Europe.

grover

by grover

I am not familiar with the exact geometry of the FSi and the Flash. But if the stack is lower (which I believe it is from marketing) then it makes sense that the reach is longer. The reach increases as the stack decreases due to the head angle sloping forwards and down. A rough calculation would be 3mm more reach for every 10mm less stack.

EDIT found the geo.
Once you account for decreased stack a large FSi is 2mm longer than a large Flash, and a medium FSi is the same reach as a medium Flash.

A lot of people used to run severely negative stems on their Flash's. So to get the same position you either use spacers to make the stack similar and use the same stem. Or use a more standard stem angle that will result in less drop to get your bars in the same as your old position.

This is a good tool.
http://yojimg.net/bike/web_tools/stem.php
You won't be able to do an exact calculation as head tube angles are different (69.5 for FSi and 71 for Flash). I'd suggest using 70 to meet in the middle.

Example, if I rode a large Flash with no spacers and a 100mm -25degree stem. I'd ride a large FSi with no spacers a 90mm -10degree stem. My bar position would be identical to the millimetre both vertically and horizontally.

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Thanks a lot for that. I have used some of the stack/reach calculators around, but I hadn't seen that one.

The F-Si should be able to take an 80 mm stem, so probably I would be better off with a large... I'll see if I can try one.

gfeldy

by gfeldy

grover wrote:I am not familiar with the exact geometry of the FSi and the Flash. But if the stack is lower (which I believe it is from marketing) then it makes sense that the reach is longer. The reach increases as the stack decreases due to the head angle sloping forwards and down. A rough calculation would be 3mm more reach for every 10mm less stack.

EDIT found the geo.
Once you account for decreased stack a large FSi is 2mm longer than a large Flash, and a medium FSi is the same reach as a medium Flash.

A lot of people used to run severely negative stems on their Flash's. So to get the same position you either use spacers to make the stack similar and use the same stem. Or use a more standard stem angle that will result in less drop to get your bars in the same as your old position.

This is a good tool.
http://yojimg.net/bike/web_tools/stem.php
You won't be able to do an exact calculation as head tube angles are different (69.5 for FSi and 71 for Flash). I'd suggest using 70 to meet in the middle.

Example, if I rode a large Flash with no spacers and a 100mm -25degree stem. I'd ride a large FSi with no spacers a 90mm -10degree stem. My bar position would be identical to the millimetre both vertically and horizontally.

Does the Cannondale measurement on the Flash take into account the headset that sits on top of the actual headtube and the fork crown? I have a feeling the new fork and bearing design on the FSi will lower the front end a lot more than we think.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

gfeldy

by gfeldy

I'm sure we can pick this build apart.

~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

gfeldy

by gfeldy

the_marsbar wrote:Is it yours?

No. But I am going to get the Carbon 1 and convert it to a XTR 11speed.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I saw it on Facebook right after I asked. I asked the guy who owns it, and he's 181, with a BB to saddle height of 76 cm (and riding a medium frame), in case anyone is interested.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gfeldy

by gfeldy

the_marsbar wrote:I saw it on Facebook right after I asked. I asked the guy who owns it, and he's 181, with a BB to saddle height of 76 cm (and riding a medium frame), in case anyone is interested.

I run a 74cm saddle height and I'm going to get a Med as well. I'm worried if I go to a small I may not be able to get a normal size bottle in the triangle.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
Kitsbow
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold