Cannondale FSi builds

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

DOUG

by DOUG

Spessartpantani wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:41 am
Hi,

im thinking of the same tyresetup, but not sure about the rim. What do yout think? Will the arch ex with 21mm inner width from my original wheelset from the 2015er FSI be enough for an 2,35 Ardent race? Is it worth to change the rims to the wider Arch MK3 with 26mm inner width?

How many PSI do you drive normaly with the new setup?

Im loving the grip and traktion of an wider tyre with less pressure too.... :thumbup:

Thanks for comments.
I think 21mm internal width would be fine to run 2.35 Ardents on. Of course as I was building a new set of wheels so went for the wider (albeit slightly heavier option). I say give it a go and see what you think. I might try the 2.25 Ardent race just for a comparison later this year but for the time being Im loving this combo. I run 21psi front and 23psi rear and i weigh on average 140lb (63.5kg).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JeromeM

by JeromeM

Hi All, I previously had a '16 FSi Carbon 2 then went to a' 17 Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 but sold it recently.

I missed having a Lefty so today I picked up a '16 FSI Black Inc in Medium. Went for a ride before buying and I liked it a lot so bought it.

Specs: https://www.cannondale.com/en/Internati ... 803fd54b3f

Upgrades: converted to 1x11 with a 32t front ring, XD freehub on the Chris King hub with an XX1 10-42 Casette, 4iiii power meter, upgraded steered tube and stem, upgraded Di2 battery/controller with Bluetooth, Racing Ralph's in 2.1".

I'm a fat a$$ so I may convert back to 2x11 using single shifter but that would add a bit of weight back.

Weighed it with my super "accurate" fish scale at 19lbs 13oz with my pedals but no bottle cage. I thought it would be a bit leaner but I guess it's not that bad. Not sure what more I could do.
Attachments
20180823_174040.jpg
20180823_174035.jpg
20180823_174026.jpg
'16 Cannondale FSI Black Inc

ghd

by ghd

Hello, does anyone know or have a picture of the weight of the FSI standard frame?
Not the Hi-Mod or the new 2019 model...

Thanks!

PS: I searched but only found about the Hi-Mod version.

spartacus

by spartacus

Would a 2016 f-si carbon 2 be a good buy for 1800? Seems in very good shape, I need an all around mountain bike for general purpose trail riding and this would be at the top of my budget, but possibly the most bike for the money? Would it be long term reliable and serviceable?

Rideit

by Rideit

Hi folks,

Need some help with a F-Si build.

I have a Next Sl crankset with a BSA 68/73mm spindle. Is it possible to convert it to BB30 to fit the F-Si?

Thanks!

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Rideit wrote:Hi folks,

Need some help with a F-Si build.

I have a Next Sl crankset with a BSA 68/73mm spindle. Is it possible to convert it to BB30 to fit the F-Si?

Thanks!
There is no such thing as a “BSA 68/73mm spindle” for the Next SL.

A standard 30mm spindle, which they identify as 68/73mm? Yes. It uses the same axle size/pattern as the Hollowgram cranks, and the spindle is completely compatible with them. I’m using one on my PF30 frame with Hollowgrams right now.

You *might* be using a BSA30 style BB, but we have no clue what frame you currently have. How about some more information, or pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rideit

by Rideit

Sorry, I'll try to be clearer.

I have the Next SL crankset 168 Q-Factor bolted on an Orange Five, non boost, with a 73mm BB. I need to transfer it to a 2018 FSI, which is BB30 but has a 83mm BB, as far as I know.

The spindle diameter is the same (30mm), but what about the length? Do I need a new one/spacers?

Thanks!

grover

by grover

You need 5mm less spacers on each side to install the crank.

You need to somehow increase the chainline by 6mm. Can you flip the orientation of the chainring so it slants out instead of in? (This is what Pivot are doing for their bikes with 'SuperBoost' hub with wider chainline)

Your other option is to use the same amount of spacers on the driveside. But 10mm less spacers on the non-driveside. That will have your cranks installed with the correct chainline. But the cranks won't be centred in the frame. Your left leg will be 5mm closer to the mid line of the bike, your right leg 5mm away from the midline of the bike.

Rideit

by Rideit

Humm.. the bike arrives next wednesday.

I don't have any spacer to remove, other than the Race Face lockring..

I was trying to order the extra parts ahead, but I see I have to wait for the bike and try.

Prulleman

by Prulleman

I recently got my F-Si Alloy 1, 2017 frame replaced (cracked between the the seat and top tube). Now I got a Carbon 3 2018 frame :) which is a nice upgrade of course.
On the alloy I had an external dropper post, with stick-on cable guides on the top tube, but on the carbon frame there are holes in the downtube (for Di2 as I understand). As I would prefer the much cleaner look of an internal dropper cable, is there anyone that used these Di2 holes for an internal dropper cable and how is it routed?

I think the best option would be to guide the cable outside of the downtube (replacing some of the bolt on clips?) and let it enter in the big hole on the downtube (near the BB). Or might it be possible to enter the cable in the smaller hole at the top of th downtube (under the first bolt on clip)?

Any suggestions or experiences with an internal dropper on a F-Si carbon frame would be much appriciated. (including tips for cable clips)

SuperSix2018

by SuperSix2018

Has anyone else experienced seatpost creaks in the new FSI? I’ve tried dismantling and re carbon paste and greasing, trimming the post for height but can’t get rid of the dam creak.

Seems to not be so bad when I have the post higher than what I need it to be.

TIA

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Prulleman wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:49 am
I recently got my F-Si Alloy 1, 2017 frame replaced (cracked between the the seat and top tube). Now I got a Carbon 3 2018 frame :) which is a nice upgrade of course.
On the alloy I had an external dropper post, with stick-on cable guides on the top tube, but on the carbon frame there are holes in the downtube (for Di2 as I understand). As I would prefer the much cleaner look of an internal dropper cable, is there anyone that used these Di2 holes for an internal dropper cable and how is it routed?

I think the best option would be to guide the cable outside of the downtube (replacing some of the bolt on clips?) and let it enter in the big hole on the downtube (near the BB). Or might it be possible to enter the cable in the smaller hole at the top of th downtube (under the first bolt on clip)?

Any suggestions or experiences with an internal dropper on a F-Si carbon frame would be much appriciated. (including tips for cable clips)
That is basically what I did with a Specialized Command XCP 50 mm dropper post. Worked and looked great. The bike is in my signature (I have sold it though).

mergeforthekill

by mergeforthekill

SuperSix2018 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:11 am
Has anyone else experienced seatpost creaks in the new FSI? I’ve tried dismantling and re carbon paste and greasing, trimming the post for height but can’t get rid of the dam creak.

Seems to not be so bad when I have the post higher than what I need it to be.

TIA
Try forgoing the carbon-paste and just greasing. I've never had a bike that needed carbon paste for a seatpost

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

Hi guys,

my local bike shop just told me that they have a Cannondale HGSL 29" wheels for XC in stock.
But i confused, for the rear wheel they have 2 different types; the Ai3 and Ai6

Are they talking about Crank / chainline compatibility ?

okimy

by okimy

Just got a used 2015 F-Si carbon 2 for 1300€. Frame was pretty beat up, paint chipped in some places and the drivetrain was absolutely filthy. I cleaned it and went for a ride, love it. Feels fast on some of the less technical singletrack near me and the gearing is low enough to get me up the 30+% gravel slopes of my local hills. Converting the tires to tubeless was an absolute PITA but I think i've finally got it. Might post a picture when I get to taking one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com