The FELT thread (AR series, F series, Z series)

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

amey wrote:Any word on Felt F1 PR availability in the UK?

Have you contacted your local Felt dealer? Felt UK website doesn't show the F1 PR listed. Maybe Felt UK decided not to import it? You local shop would know. I doubt that even SuperDave on here would know the answer as he doesn't work with knowing who imports what and not.

http://www.feltbicycles.com/United%20Ki ... /race.aspx
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

amey wrote:Any word on Felt F1 PR availability in the UK?

Saddleback, the Felt agent in the UK did not import the F1 PR bicycles or frames. In fact, they are exclusively available in the USA and Canada only and I know of a few EU customers who have purchased them here in the states on business trips and the like because they contacted me about finding a supplier wherever their US travels took them.

I've been riding my F1 PR for everything from crits to XC MTB trails and will use it this weekend at the 101.6 mile Rock Cobbler mixed terrain race as well as the 225km, 11,000ft jaunt around San Diego county known as the Belgian Waffle Ride. I'll probably log more miles on this bike than my "pure" road bike simply because of the versatility. To my surprise I just installed some 35mm Vittoria Rando Hyper tires on it for daily use and will race on some older non-UCI compliant Challenge 34mm 'cross tubulars this weekend.
http://instagram.com/p/yOaBWPpsEl/?modal=true

If you'd like a US source and you have a way to get it to the UK, hit me up.

-SD

PhantomRacer

by PhantomRacer

Hi, my bike, actually... Image

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Hey guys,

Is anyone able to use the new Zipp 303 wheelsets with your 2014-2015 Felts? I noticed on the Felt website that they're spec'ing the top of the line ARs with 404s which are 26mm (I think)

The outer rim is 28.5mm for the 303s. I think that's the reason why they're not spec'ing their bikes with 303s?

Thanks

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

This is a 2015 Felt F2 that i picked up used. Swapped everything but the fork and frame. Just upgraded to etap. 13.9 lbs with a garmin, garmin radar, and heavy garmin vectra power meter pedals. 12.7lbs stripped.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

feltz12014.jpg
My Z1 2013 (second bike)

Last edited by Ritxis on Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

echappist

by echappist

Anyone happen to know the frame and fork mass on a Felt AR2?

I bought mine two years ago. Overall, I like it a lot, but it is on the portly side. Made a few changes since the photo was taken, and the saddle is now black, and the wheels are now both Kinlin XR-31T rims.

The primary purpose for this bike was for EMX TTs, and while I'm not that concerned about mass, I'd like to get it to below 7.3 kg in race trim. Definitely have lighter wheels (Bontrager Aeolus XXX 6). Obviously, the saddle is a bit of a boat anchor, but not much I could do about it, as it fits me well.

themidge

by themidge

^ What bars are those? They look like classic bend and aero... :?:

echappist

by echappist

Zipp Vuka Sprint in traditional bend.

I'd get my hands on another set if I could (I think they've been out of production for at least five years).

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

echappist wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:40 pm
Anyone happen to know the frame and fork mass on a Felt AR2?

I bought mine two years ago. Overall, I like it a lot, but it is on the portly side. Made a few changes since the photo was taken, and the saddle is now black, and the wheels are now both Kinlin XR-31T rims.

The primary purpose for this bike was for EMX TTs, and while I'm not that concerned about mass, I'd like to get it to below 7.3 kg in race trim. Definitely have lighter wheels (Bontrager Aeolus XXX 6). Obviously, the saddle is a bit of a boat anchor, but not much I could do about it, as it fits me well.

The Felt AR2 is a bit lighter than the Felt AR1 - the AR1 was 1080g. I don't have a frame weight on the AR2 alone with that paint/decal, I'd guess 1060g for a 56cm.
My AR1 with Campy SuperRecord was 6.86kg with Reynolds 46/66 tubular wheels.
-SD

echappist

by echappist

Thanks, Dave.

I think one of these days I'll be taking off quite a bit of parts and can do a better estimate then. Unfortunately, this bike is "relegated" to trainer use only, as I'll be riding a titanium frame outdoors. Just really hoping to getting back to EMX ITTs one of these days.

engi

by engi

I know they are not very common, but anyone know frame weight for ~2014-2016 Z1 or Z2 rim brake version?

Ritxis

by Ritxis

engi wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:56 pm
I know they are not very common, but anyone know frame weight for ~2014-2016 Z1 or Z2 rim brake version?
My Z1 2014 size 54 sub 1000 grs. I don't remember the exact weight, before I had a Z5 that weighed 980 grams (whitout rear hanger, seat clamp...) fork 360 grs. (cut to 23 cm.)

The Z1 botom bracket is ful carbon, in the Z5 has an aluminum bushing for the bearings

engi

by engi

Ritxis wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:57 pm
engi wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:56 pm
My Z1 2014 size 54 sub 1000 grs. I don't remember the exact weight, before I had a Z5 that weighed 980 grams (whitout rear hanger, seat clamp...) fork 360 grs. (cut to 23 cm.)

The Z1 botom bracket is ful carbon, in the Z5 has an aluminum bushing for the bearings
Thank you for the info! So, while fairly light, these aren't crazy light, I suppose, despite the "super duper" carbon blend? So nothing like Canyon Endurance SLX territory? I do like the geo on the Zx models and the fact that they can be had with rim brakes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritxis

by Ritxis

My FR5 disc 2019 (painted like FR1)