by dgasmd

Nice. Any Late model madones?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Calnago, I didn't realize you are in Seattle. I was there a couple of months ago, but didn't get a chance to ride. What are your favorite spots? I ran into a guy at the Hurricane Ridge Visitors Center, who had climbed all the way from Port Angeles, and was headed down, waiting for a friend, then he was going to go back up. He was expecting to do over 7k ft. of climbing. Definitely some hard riders over there (coming from a guy whose last metric featured a whole 325ft. of climbing)!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, close enough. I’d say twice up Hurricane Ridge would be closer to 10k ft than 7k but I suppose it depends where you start from. Mostly ride out east, no so much in Seattle proper. So many great areas to ride here, from the islands to out east towards the Cascades and North between here and Vancouver (where I’m from).
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

izza

by izza

dgasmd wrote:Nice. Any Late model madones?

Give me a week or two. Getting very excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Calnago wrote:Yes, close enough. I’d say twice up Hurricane Ridge would be closer to 10k ft than 7k but I suppose it depends where you start from. Mostly ride out east, no so much in Seattle proper. So many great areas to ride here, from the islands to out east towards the Cascades and North between here and Vancouver (where I’m from).

It seemed like so many people were riding out there, but the rain would kill me!

He rode up once, and told me he was going to ride down while his friend rode up, then turn around when he saw him. He was estimating 7k, but I saw him heading back up, when I was heading out, and he was close to the entrance. I think he would have been closer to 8k!

izza

by izza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Copied from the Intro thread:

Buggered my back a few weeks ago with a compression of the L4/L5 disc. At the time of writing I am still off the bike; but, as I was already between projects after selling my Eriksen and having had a Cervélo C5 frameset fall through, I saw it as an opportunity to build something that would make riding as comfortable as possible when I do get back in the saddle - hopefully in the next week or so.

I'd picked up a Dura-Ace R9120 mechanical hydro group for the failed C5 project, so I already had that to hand. Trek Australia found a 2017 SL Disc frameset in their warehouse; and I'd had an offer for a set of Hunt wheels - before I knew it, this came together in no time!:

slowK

by slowK

Hey Rich,

Why did you sell your Eriksen? It looked like such a beautiful bike. Only because of your back injury?

And how does the ride quality of a Domane compare to the Eriksen?

Rich_W

by Rich_W

H1, 56cm, 9100... cables, calipers. 28mm Corsa Controls, Vision Metron 40SL ceramic, 11-30, 53/39.
Saddle a bit obscured... running a Fizik Aliante R1 Open

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

slowK wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:55 am
Hey Rich,

Why did you sell your Eriksen? It looked like such a beautiful bike. Only because of your back injury?

And how does the ride quality of a Domane compare to the Eriksen?
I sold the Eriksen long before I did my back in. It was a lovely bike, but there was something about it that I couldn’t fall in love with - plus it was sold to me as being able to fit 32c tyres, but it maxed out at 30c, and that bugged me.

I haven’t ridden the Domane properly yet as my back is still recovering - hopefully this weekend.

slowK

by slowK

[/quote]
I sold the Eriksen long before I did my back in. It was a lovely bike, but there was something about it that I couldn’t fall in love with - plus it was sold to me as being able to fit 32c tyres, but it maxed out at 30c, and that bugged me.

I haven’t ridden the Domane properly yet as my back is still recovering - hopefully this weekend.
[/quote]

Interesting - thanks. High-end Ti is a dream for many people (including myself), and most owner reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Important to hear that’s not always the case,

urt

by urt

The multi-tool.
works in the industry

crux

by crux

@urt speechless...

themidge

by themidge

I'm so used to seeing those bikes with spacer towers and positive stems that this just looks wrong! Nice slammage though :thumbup:

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Urt, that’s a good look.

I’m thinking of changing out my bars and stem and also lowering it. I’ll hopefully post here soo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com