The speed machine:

The fun machine:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

That's a nice pair of bikes, but time to update the signature ;)

Rich_W

by Rich_W

ArtV

by ArtV

Here is one of mine. Anyone recognize it?

Does that work?

Last edited by ArtV on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Neither image shows up. Please re-upload.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

ArtV wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:04 pm
Here is one of mine. Anyone recognize it?

Does that work?

Never heard of "Image not found" model.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

ArtV wrote:Here is one of mine. Anyone recognize it?
It’s a Classics geometry version of Cancellara’s Domane. Not to be confused with either the Standard Domane geo, or the Koppenberg geo, or the current Domane “Classics” geometry. Well, the geometry of the latest classics version (Pro Endurance geometry) is the same, but cable routing etc is quite different. Plus yours doesn’t have the isospeed in the headtube, which is a good thing. Or the adjustable rear isospeed, just the nice simple isospeed as it should be. Very nice.
It’s not actually Cancellara’s bike is it?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ArtV

by ArtV

Calnago wrote:
ArtV wrote:Here is one of mine. Anyone recognize it?
It’s a Classics geometry version of Cancellara’s Domane. Not to be confused with either the Standard Domane geo, or the Koppenberg geo, or the current Domane “Classics” geometry. Well, the geometry of the latest classics version (Pro Endurance geometry) is the same, but cable routing etc is quite different. Plus yours doesn’t have the isospeed in the headtube, which is a good thing. Or the adjustable rear isospeed, just the nice simple isospeed as it should be. Very nice.
It’s not actually Cancellara’s bike is it?
Yes, it is Cancellara's.

The position is so extreme. I'm 5'6 and there is no way I can ride it. Also, can confirm there is no motor :-).

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Please.... more story. How did you come by it. It’s a 58, correct? So much confusion around this bike, which he used at Paris Roubaix only, and the other version, which came to be known as the Koppenberg, which he used in virtually every other race, including the Grand Tours. Certainly had the media confused. So much misinformation on it at the time. My favorite Treks by far. Anyway, you can’t show off a bike like that then just walk away. It should really have it’s own thread but here will do I suppose. Really, would love to hear the entire story behind it and how you acquired it. Because I thought the actual bike he rode in both the 2013/14 Paris Roubaix events were black.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Calnago wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 am
Please.... more story. How did you come by it. It’s a 58, correct? So much confusion around this bike, which he used at Paris Roubaix only, and the other version, which came to be known as the Koppenberg, which he used in virtually every other race, including the Grand Tours. Certainly had the media confused. So much misinformation on it at the time. My favorite Treks by far. Anyway, you can’t show off a bike like that then just walk away. It should really have it’s own thread but here will do I suppose. Really, would love to hear the entire story behind it and how you acquired it. Because I thought the actual bike he rode in both the 2013/14 Paris Roubaix events were black.
Seconded. Also high res pictures of the badges on the stem and top tube please!

ArtV

by ArtV

Sorry I don't have a great story about the bike. I actually won it in the 2015 Cyclingnews Reader Poll. I thought it was a joke win I received the e-mail but it turned out to be true. I took a ton of photos here are a few more.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Wow
..👍🏻👍🏻

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I remember that contest. I never enter contests. Damnit. Lol. So it’s too big for you then? Do you know if that’s a bike he actually sat on and raced, or an identical bike donated for the event. Very jealous. A bit too small for me however, or I’d be offering you some jack for it right now. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, and winning it in some random contest is a pretty good story in itself. Luck you!

ArtV

by ArtV

I believe it was the bike he raced. The contest said "Vote in the Cyclingnews Reader Poll and you could bring that dream closer to reality as we are offering the chance to win the Trek Domane bike raced this season by the man known as Spartacus." I think the bike is a 58cm.

They asked me to take some pictures and post them to social media. I ended up taking some photos of me holding up the bike but when I was about to send them I realized my zipper was down and so never ended up posting any pics. :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok... that story made me laugh and check my own zipper. Does the bike at least “look like” it had been raced in Roubaix, or is it pristeen with no scratches? Either way, that’s a fantastic bike you have there. Piece of history.