by RichTheRoadie

Now wrapped to tone down some of those lairy white graphics:

And here's some shots of the wrap work:

wrenegade

by wrenegade

That Boone is so *f##k* hawt.

Delorre

by Delorre

Not mine, but my dad's 10 year old Trek Madone 5.2. Freshly resprayed by Color Monkey (https://www.color-monkey.be/) and upgraded with Etap and Bontrager Paradigm Elite wheels. It was a very nice project, that took me some time to gather all the parts, talking about frame design and building everything back up with the new parts. 7kg on the dot

A little dust remains on the sticker from this morning ride :wink:

NilesCrane

by NilesCrane

urt wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:15 pm

The multi-tool.
Best Trek I've seen. Is that a custom paintjob or stock?

kociol

by kociol

My old bike. I sold This one month ago. Now I have emonda sl but I did’t take a photos ;)

Madone 5.2 Pro ready to ride has a 6820g with pedals and bootles cages.

ImageImage

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Delorre

by Delorre

kociol wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:11 am
My old bike. I sold This one month ago. Now I have emonda sl but I did’t take a photos ;)

Madone 5.2 Pro ready to ride has a 6820g with pedals and bootles cages.

ImageImage

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Cool, the exact same colorway of my dad's Madone 5.2 before the respray and upgrade some posts ago.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I love those aero-seatmast era Madones. I had one, until it was warrantied (because of the seatmast in the frame was undersized). I still miss that frame.

BTW, nicely done with the eTap. I love how the painter removed the cable bosses. What did he use to fill the holes?

Delorre

by Delorre

FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:05 pm
BTW, nicely done with the eTap. I love how the painter removed the cable bosses. What did he use to fill the holes?
He drilled the rivets out and did a 'carbon repair' with reinforcement from the inside. The rear one was glued / molded in the frame, so he dremeled it out + refinished the area before painting. Those dudes do all sort of repairs besides their custom painting jobs. Lots and lots of frames sets are done for pro-tour riders and will be seen at this years TDF, but also for (semi) pro teams and lbs stores looking for some unique paintjobs. All done without loossing guarantee according to them ;-)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Delorre: So the guys you had do the paint job are in Belgium? How did that come about, as you're in the US aren't you? How long did the whole process take and how were they to deal with... any language barriers at all?
I'll have to keep them in mind for when/if I get tired of the Viper Red on my Koppenberg, or simply want to get ride of the SHIMANO logos that are clashing with the Campy group. :)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Delorre

by Delorre

Calnago wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 pm
@Delorre: So the guys you had do the paint job are in Belgium? How did that come about, as you're in the US aren't you? How long did the whole process take and how were they to deal with... any language barriers at all?
I'll have to keep them in mind for when/if I get tired of the Viper Red on my Koppenberg, or simply want to get ride of the SHIMANO logos that are clashing with the Campy group. :)
LOL, I'm Belgian Cal 😉 Don't know were you get I'm in the US. No barriers at all and as Belgium is a small country, mouth to mouth publicity goes very fast. After only 2 or 3 years in business, they are already well known over here!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok, all this time I thought you were in Florida for some reason. Good to know. I suppose we have good painters over here as well. But I just like the idea of sending my Koppenberg to Belgium for a respray at some point. I'd pick it up over there and take it up the Koppenberg first ride, and get that first big scrape as I fall on the wet cobbles and cry for mama.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Cal, I know you did a long thread on your Koppenberg, but did you ever compare the new Domane Pro fit to the Koppenberg?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Of course, I discussed that in pretty good detail in my Koppenberg thread. The newest "Pro Endurance" fit of the Domane is essentially the old "Classics" geometry. They essentially had two "race" versions of the Domane, the Classics (or Pro Endurance) geometry that is currently available, made for going fast in a straight line over the cobbles, and the Koppenberg, which has road race geometry. Neither of which was/is very close to the production version of the Domane. The Koppenberg is really a road race geometry, which shares some of the features (like rear isospeed) of the Domane. Its critical geometry stats are pretty much identical to the Emonda. It's essentially a beefed up Emonda from a geometry standpoint.
Last edited by Calnago on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Thanks for the reply. I decided to not be lazy, and read through your posts. I think I could probably go with the new Pro Endurance geometry, if I were to go with a Domane, next time up. The current model is just way too relaxed for my liking.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com