by Llanberis

:thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

Such a perfect machine! I love every pedal stroke on it.

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Hi All,

Posted in the "Time Sport Marches On" thread, but thought people might like to know that Time have updated their website and now customers in AU/NZ/Canada/UK can buy direct online. Great to see Time is getting "off their heels and onto their toes again".

The pricing online includes free shipping to AU, but Taxes and VAT would be payable on arrival - have contacted the old distributor to see if they are still carrying Time as they might be able to sharpen the price a little

For those who might be interested: Duty in Australia is 5%, and GST/VAT is 10% of total price+shipping+duty (yes we get stung twice on duty) - my thinking is if the distributor is paying the duty & gst on their wholesale price they might be able to sell me the frame cheaper.

Unfortunately, I did contact Time to see if they do custom colours still which they don't - they will just sell a raw carbon frame ready for painting.

All seems to be going in the right direction, and well done to the new owners for reviving this awesome brand :)

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

nafaiutb wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:05 pm
Nice short youtube clip - new model by the end of the year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TpzUN2bVtI
Thanks for posting - what makes you think new model by the end of the year? (I don't speak french)

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

The chap being interviewed says the new model should hopefully be announced before the end of the year. (It's just after he talks about prices at the start).
That said, given we're in December, they're cutting it a bit fine...

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

nafaiutb wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:45 am
The chap being interviewed says the new model should hopefully be announced before the end of the year. (It's just after he talks about prices at the start).
That said, given we're in December, they're cutting it a bit fine...
Thanks Nafaiutb, much appreciated. I was going to order a ADH 01, but now I might wait a little bit.

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

Jrtyoung wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:58 am
nafaiutb wrote:
Thanks Nafaiutb, much appreciated. I was going to order a ADH 01, but now I might wait a little bit.
In your shoes I'd just get what you like now - newer isn't always better. I've got a 2016 Izon and a 2009 RXR Ulteam. The Izon is a an amazing all-round bike, wonderfully balanced and a real pleasure to ride anywhere. The RXR is a rocket ship - a bit hairy for me downhill but on flat/rolling terrain - wow!
Two very different machines, but both outstanding in their own way.

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

nafaiutb wrote:
Jrtyoung wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:58 am
nafaiutb wrote:
In your shoes I'd just get what you like now - newer isn't always better. I've got a 2016 Izon and a 2009 RXR Ulteam. The Izon is a an amazing all-round bike, wonderfully balanced and a real pleasure to ride anywhere. The RXR is a rocket ship - a bit hairy for me downhill but on flat/rolling terrain - wow!
Two very different machines, but both outstanding in their own way.
Thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

par

by par

deelymc wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:23 pm
I’m trying to find a replacement front recessed brake caliper nut for my Scylon. The head cracked on the original. I measured it to be around 45-47mm. I’ve checked with local shops but the longest they have is 35mm and that won’t work. Should I contact Time?

For reference the original is black and has a thin head. It’s light and possibly aluminum.
I was in your same situation. I contacted Time and they sent me the nut free of charge.

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

New frame???? ImageImage

Brodie88

by Brodie88

Hi guys, new joiner to le club Time, bought a new scylon frame from a few model years ago - I believe they are 2018. Is there a way to confirm this from the serial number?
Attachments
unnamed.jpg

Guardian

by Guardian

Nice!

RDY

by RDY

Brodie88 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:43 pm
Hi guys, new joiner to le club Time, bought a new scylon frame from a few model years ago - I believe they are 2018. Is there a way to confirm this from the serial number?
Sure. Just give your serial number to Time and they'll tell you.

Kingstonian

by Kingstonian

Jrtyoung wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:49 am
New frame???? ImageImage

Did anything come of this countdown?

AJS914

by AJS914

Looks like the new purple color Alpe d'Huez 21.

https://www.timebicycles.com/products/a ... 8485825689

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com