Light Business Casual Shoe Recommendations

Moderator: Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

Anyone have suggestions for shoes that are light and can pass for business casual? Trying to get the backpack weight down.

Not sure how Nordstrom will take it if I show up with a scale and start weighing shoes. I'm thinking that black loafers (driving type) will fit the bill, but the soles vary significantly which can influence the weight a lot.
Strava
Current Stable. The Snob Machine
The Ex's. LS Siena: 6.21kg | Parlee Z5 SLi: 5.9kg | LS Xicon: 5.76kg | C59: 5.7kg | Cervelo R5ca: 5.09kg | Fuji Altamira SE - 6.2kg | Scott Foil - 6.2kg | Evo - 5.18kg | LS Classic - 6.7kg | The Crumpton - 5.9kg

by Weenie

Calnago

by Calnago

How about just leaving some shoes at work?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I leave a pair of shoes at work. They're basic lace-up oxfords in black suede, soft sole. They pretty much go with anything.
Shoes are easily the heaviest thing a person can commute with (outside of a laptop)... so unless you really need to have different shoes each day to absolutely match the clothes, leave a pair at work.

I actually leave a pair of super cheap shoes I scored off Aliexpress at $16/pair, comfortable enough to wear around the office and even walk a few blocks for lunch, but not my good shoes which I can just save for personal, non-work use. The girls in the office still compliment me on the Aliexpress cheap ones, they think they're great. :lol:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-New ... 69794.html
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

junchen

by junchen

How about giro republics? Hehe. Spd compatible. If u commute to work, you don't have to change shoes...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Rush

by Rush

I'm lucky to have a small locker at work as well as some hanging space. So I leave a good pair of work shoes in the locker and two suits in the changeroom hangers.

All I ride in with a shirt, tie, socks and underwear.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

junchen wrote:How about giro republics?

This was going to be my recommendation.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

RyanH

by RyanH

When I commute, it's to client sites so I don't get the luxury of leaving shoes unless I'm there a few days in a row.

The Giro's are something to consider except I'd need new pedals.
Strava
Current Stable. The Snob Machine
The Ex's. LS Siena: 6.21kg | Parlee Z5 SLi: 5.9kg | LS Xicon: 5.76kg | C59: 5.7kg | Cervelo R5ca: 5.09kg | Fuji Altamira SE - 6.2kg | Scott Foil - 6.2kg | Evo - 5.18kg | LS Classic - 6.7kg | The Crumpton - 5.9kg

by Weenie

Beverly

by Beverly

Vivobarefoot and Lems both have "minimal/barefoot" style shoes that look to be pretty light (7-8oz).