My singlespeed "commuter"

A gigantic catch-all for Randonneuring (Audax), Bike-packing (Touring), and Commuting with or without E-bikes!
euph

by euph

Hello everyone. I am studying engineering and I use this bike to get to and from uni and my part time job. Lots of city riding so I built something that is cheap enough to not worry about it getting stolen.

Its an OnOne Pompino which I initially ran with drops but decided that the spare wide handlebars I had could provide some fun.

I want to build my own set of wheels for this. To learn how to lace wheels properly and to lighten this thing up a bit. The saddle is just a bit of fun as I didn't have any appropriate saddles for the bike. I don't sit down often enough for it to be a problem anyway.

I hope this is a worthy contribution to our new commuter section.

euph

by euph

I got given a set of Mavic disc wheels so I swapped the fork and brought a lever and caliper off eBay to see what I think of discs. It will be a bit more complicated to put a disc rear on but I might investigate later. The bike lost a kilogram though. Now it is 9.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euph

by euph

Done some changes:

New tyres

New rear wheel, front coming when I have money for another rim and spokes

Halo Clickster freewheel

3/32" chain now.

Edit: Didn't realise how long ago I took the picture in the previous post! I also got a pair of Kinesis Cyclocross forks. They have canti bosses and weigh about 450g if I remember correctly. That is basically half the stock Pompino fork weight.

Total weight is 8.93Kg

TimothyLoota

by TimothyLoota

I dont know if I want to put the Jett on the commuter Its more upright than either of my bikes, and Id like something with a bit more padding. Oh, and it also has to be comfortable in regular clothes. Im thinking the Riva or Lithia. The Riva seems to show up on Ebay for not-much too.

Frankjache

by Frankjache

I was seriously thinking about the Marathons but I had looked at those Randonners before too. Knotted how are those to get on and off the rims?