Action - pictures !

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

wingguy

by wingguy

prendrefeu wrote:I just don't get why, with all that effort to look pro, the water bottle is a re-used Gatorade bottle and the legs, obviously.

You're assuming the reason he's bought what he's bought is to look pro. He may just want the best performing bike he can get, and I don't think anyone who posts here is in a position to give him a hard time for that. The only thing you could say for sure he's bought for the look are the bibs and helmet.

The bottle's definitely wierd, but leg shaving does nothing except gain you acceptance from people who think you should shave your legs to be accepted into the clan of roadie.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

wingguy wrote:but leg shaving does nothing except gain you acceptance from people who think you should shave your legs to be accepted into the clan of roadie.

I didn't create the culture of it, but after I gave in and started shaving mine (when I started racing) it helped stop putting people offside before they met me. Ala this thread.

First impressions last.

It also means getting a massage is a lot easier. As is applying and removing tape and dressings. There are practical applications.

As for his bottle, could it be that it was all he was handed at the feed zone - give he was apparently off the front, solo, for a 240km race? Makes sense to me.

My biggest concern are the socks and the Rock Racing knicks...

Imaking20

by Imaking20

You misunderstood me, it was a 32 mile race. He was rocking the whole time as if he was Jens Voigt in the last 3k of 240

No feed zone. He started with that bottle. My guess is he's been a bike enthusiast for awhile and decided recently to race. At least he also decided to have a little panache.
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

Leviathan

by Leviathan

there's all kind of weird things going on but doesn't he have rr scars on elbow and knee..whenever I see someone here whos set up like a pro I normally look at the knees & elbows, if they are a mass of darker skin I normally dont try my luck!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

From the State Open TT on the weekend.

Caught my 1 and 2 minute man, still only good enough for 2nd place.

First race/second ride on my new Trinity, it's incredibly impressive. Position let me hold more power than my old TT bike and have nearly a 1 minute turn around in time gaps to two guys who beat me last month.

Really looking forward to dialling the position in over the coming months. Prep for Nationals begins now :twisted:

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

:thumbup: Excellent form! Also congratulations on the race too.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

TP- I just slipped a disc looking at that position!

ultyguy

by ultyguy

JamieL- what race?

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Position looks fine to my uneducated eye!

Crit racing:

Was a cool course:

2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

KWalker

by KWalker

From a recent crit: Image
419164_582895088397593_167600814_n by karstenwalker, on Flickr
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

shampoo

by shampoo

Hi

Another Tuesday night, another Mardis Cyclistes de Lachine.. Here's one of my favorites from June 25. This is Francois Parisien of Argos Shimano:

The rest of my photos from last night are here:

http://www.shampoo.ca/les-mardis-cyclistes-de-lachine-june-25/
Last edited by shampoo on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Terrific shot.

devinci

by devinci

Shampoo

this is Frank Parisien. Perras aint riding anymore and simply tries to comment bike races on RDS...

shampoo

by shampoo

Sh*t.. Thanks !

J