Action - pictures !

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

euan

by euan

Brilliant photo
"Step forward the climber and all those who worship at the altar of lightness" - R. Millar

by Weenie

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Image Image

ave

by ave

Unfortunately I could not find any pictures of my first ever win. (as a bike rider)
It was a mass start hill climb, many separately started fields for different age / gender groups. I was the masters (40+) winner.

So, no pictures, but here is a grab of the video I recorded with LIC Ego from my handlebar.
This is just 130m from the line, when we started the sprint. The finish line is where the tent is. I won by about 2 seconds. What a great feeling!

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Here's one from yesterday's 25 mile TT on the F1/25.

Managed to pump out a 57:36 even though I was suffering with a knot in my left calf cramping up. I'd been desperately massaging, rollering, and stretching it for the last few days hoping to clear it up. :(

Winner was Michael Hutchinson with a 49:42 :unbelievable: But there were no others under 53, so I'm pretty happy with 24th of 95 starters given the bewildering array of TT weaponry on display.

Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

JamieL

by JamieL

I have to go up there?
Photos: Jean-Patrick Lapeyrade

Each year there is normally a ride up the Tourmalet at night. Obviously cancelled this year due to the flooding but they replaced it with a night climb of Luz Ardiden.

Started at 21h and thick mist most of the way up so zero visibility. Really good fun though.

Due to a misunderstanding me and a friend thought it was a race and went proper hard. Everyone else cruised up but at least we got a mention in the newspaper.

shampoo

by shampoo

David Veilleux, the first Quebecor to start and finish a Tour de France at Les Mardis Cyclistes de Lachine.

The rest of last night's photos are here: http://www.shampoo.ca/final-mardis-cycl ... st-6-2013/

J

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Kasparz, that you?

How did you finish up?

Ghastly

by Ghastly

XC race in Kessel (Belgium). Got 15th from 32, starting at the very last line...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

weptunus

by weptunus

after exactly 2 years of racing, I finally got some decent pictures of myself:
VROOM!
my 'skinny' legs shot at exactly the right moment from exactly the right angle...
*apart from a filter no photoshop was applied to this image
and

after winning my first race about 4 weeks ago, after a solo attack of 41 km (and exactly 60 minutes) in a race of 50 km :roll: couldn't do any training for 3 weeks due to other activities and a crash, started my training again last week...
these pictures are taken in a 64k race last sunday, I attacked after about 7km did about 25km solo, my advantage on the bunch was between 40 en 20 sec, then 1 guy made the jump, we worked together untill the last lap and he beat me in the sprint...
I'm supposed to be a climber, did about 150 km of training in 4 weeks and the other guy's legs where twice the size of mine, so I'm pretty happy with second place...

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Awesome work!

Only when you tell a cycling story, don't add the 'excuses' type stuff. Like below

I'm supposed to be a climber, did about 150 km of training in 4 weeks and the other guy's legs where twice the size of mine, so I'm pretty happy with second place...

after winning my first race about 4 weeks ago, after a solo attack of 41 km (and exactly 60 minutes) in a race of 50 km :roll: couldn't do any training for 3 weeks due to other activities and a crash, started my training again last week...

it destroys the theatre of your shots and race. Loved reading/seeing the rest though. Break away wins, always my favourite!

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Tinea Pedis wrote:Kasparz, that you?

How did you finish up?

Yes
It's the local ITT series, yellow yersey as the overall leader, won 3 out of 5 races.
*Not the bottom Froomie one obviously :mrgreen:

Points if you can spot me in middle behind two Doltcini riders

locktopus

by locktopus

Not exactly a race photo, but a fundraising ride last weekend. Best pic of my fredliness. :)

[Yes, that's a huge saddle bag, MTB shoes w/ SPD pedals and a 10 year old, 24 lb., Sora-equipped POS. Yes, I know this is WW]
Last edited by locktopus on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghastly

by Ghastly

@ Houffalize (Belgium), 70km mtb race, ended 28th out of 200...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

by Weenie

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Brough my CX bike to an XC race! Did pretty well though. There was a ton of climbing and the fast parts weren't too technical.

http://app.strava.com/activities/80816945

McLaren by jason5milliron, on Flickr

McLaren by jason5milliron, on Flickr
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon