Ryet Wheels on Ali Express

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I’ve just bought some of the cheapest disc wheels they do as road wheels for my gravel bike.
I ordered them with standard SRAM Shimano freehub body about a month ago.
I’ve realised in the weeks since that I should have gone with XD Driver.
I messaged them a couple of days ago asking if I could buy and XD freehub. They messaged back quickly and have sent one in the post free of charge.

The reviews on the wheels are all good so I’m expecting them to be more than up to the job. I’m just super impressed by their offer and how quickly they responded.
I went through the official Ryet store on Ali Express.
It’s things like this that make people loyal customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

I had the opposite experience when I purchased some integrated bars from them.
I tried very hard to work with them to resolve the issues, but ultimately was left with very poorly made bars that I coulnt use.

I wouldn't buy anthing from them again based on the poor quality and shitty service.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Steve Curtis wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:27 pm
I tried very hard to work with them to resolve the issues, but ultimately was left with very poorly made bars that I coulnt use.

I wouldn't buy anthing from them again based on the poor quality and shitty service.
Any pics of the bars? My impression is that there is a whole bunch of mixed reviews about Ryet on ali. IIRC some guy posted pics of his bars that he crashed and it was all fine

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

eucalyptus wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:25 pm
Steve Curtis wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:27 pm

Any pics of the bars? My impression is that there is a whole bunch of mixed reviews about Ryet on ali. IIRC some guy posted pics of his bars that he crashed and it was all fine
Their integrated bars are OD2 and need a shim to enable them to fit a 1.1/8 steerer.
The Bars do not fit 1.1/8 steerers with the shim they provide. This situation gets worse when they advise to " ignore the torque spec on the bolts and just keep tightening" which is totally stupid give this is carbon.

The bolts they use are also an issue as one threads into the other. This means as you tighten them, one side pushed the hex key out of the socket. Their solution was to "cut them down so it works". Which is a huge bodge.

I purchased a new shim which they agreed to cover. This worked but they eventually refused to cover the cost. They also refused to part refund my money as soon as I cancelled the aliexpress complaint.

When I fitted the bar it creaked when flexed as it would when being ridden. I removed the painted finish and found that underside of the bar was extremely thin, so thin that the riv nuts for the computer mount fell out - probably the cause of the creak.

Again, they weren't interested to know they sold a defective product.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Interesting
They seem to get good reviews but they’re obviously not perfect. Hopefully my buying experience turns out better than yours.
A shame they didn’t refund you. It can always be one person who deals with things that doesn’t do the best job, I imagine there are quite a few people involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDY

by RDY

I'd avoid Lexon / Ryet if you can, based on some very negative customer feedback.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com