Amazon superteam and Elitewheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BLD25

by BLD25

Hey, all, I searched and only found a small discussion on the superteam wheels. There seems to be good information out there on amazon, reddit, and bikeforums.net, but I was curious if anyone here has some.

I have a set of Nextie 45mm carbon laced to dt240 with CX-rays, and I am not expecting the same quality with these, but they do seem to review well, are UCI approved, and have a 2 year warranty from some sellers.

https://www.amazon.com/Superteam-Wheel- ... c63b24bcb5

Another one on amazon is the brand elitewheels. They look to have potentially nicer hubs, are tubeless ready, but I can't find as many reviews on them.
https://www.amazon.com/ELITEWHEELS-Whee ... SN7&th=1

I also found a set of Profile Designs 58/24 wheels for not too much more, but is it worth buying them used and potentially years old over the ones above?

thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BLD25

by BLD25

Not a lot of experience I guess

choochoo46

by choochoo46

I just bought a set of 47mm deep, 27mm external ENT rim brake wheels from Elite. I'm using them as training wheels. Not the lightest at 1612g but delivered in about 4 weeks, well packaged, good communication as well as true and a nice matte finish.

Great price at about $425.00 USD including shipping to the northeast.

Another option, in the $500-$600 range are the Wiggle / Prime RR series.

sbellote

by sbellote

I have a pair of Superteams 50 for a bit less than a year, got them in a sale over Aliexpress and the price was better than any other option out there, had to get them..
it's my first carbon wheels so not much reference, but I've put around 8.000km on them and it' going really well.. weight is ~1,6kg, feels very good riding, seems sturdy since I've hit potholes and never had any trouble.. also kept true for a long time, first need for spoke tension adjustment was around 6.000km
had an issue with water getting inside the freehub bearings, so sealing is not the best, but it seems common with these budget chinese wheels

Elite grew a lot these last couple years, I have 3 friends that have the ENT model (rim and disc) and they really like it.. but similar sealing issue that I mention with my Superteam

for both Superteams and Elite there's a lot of video reviews on Youtube, it's worth the research.. for Elite I believe TraceVelo dove deep in some of their models, possibly the ENT, so can help make your mind

CoastalRider

by CoastalRider

There seems to be very little conversation about Elitewheels, and where they are discussed it's mostly the premium Drive model. I can't seem to find anything at all about the SLT/Marvel model. Does anyone here have any experience with them? I bought a set of Winspace Hypers for my road bike earlier this year and love them. It's come time for me to add a set of deeper aero wheels to my TT setup and ordered the Elite SLT model, but really don't know much about them besides that they seem to be a step up from Superteam. They look good to me with some solid features and a weight that is right around Zipp & Reynolds for the same size. I ordered the 60mm deep, 25mm wide version with ceramic bearings and upgraded the spokes to Sapim Wing 20 to shave off ~100g which should bring the wheel set to ~1600g.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I had a set of Superteam wheels for a bit - those exact wheels. They were like $230 on Amazon Warehouse (returned items). I used them for my trainer bike. The rim itself was way over-built. The hub I needed to replace, because I couldn't get the rear hub to stay seated in my steel frame. I think the axle was too flexy or binding. They stopped really well.

I think most of the generic carbon rims come out of the same 1-2 factories. The rims are generally mechanically sound and over-built. These are no different.

The only issue with those specific rims is that they are somewhat narrow for a modern tire. I'd put a 23-24mm tire on the front with those. They won't be as aero as other rims, but for the price.... I wouldn't ride them down a mountain, but for mostly flat terrain go for it.
If you get them for rim brake bike, put the bike in the lowest gear you have and stand on the pedal - make sure the rear wheel doesn't come out of the dropouts. The spokes on those are too big to replace the hub with another standard hub BTW- only a few hubs will take them without some drilling.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Note, this isn't my personal experience, but five people in my group ride run Superteam wheels, in particular, the 80mm deep ones!

One guy is a big dude, he rides a Propel with Enves now, but he's still recommending the Superteam wheels to me.

Another is a 130 lb woman on an Orca. She's been riding the 80s as long as I've seen her ride (almost two years now at least).

The dude is capable of doing 800-1000 Watt efforts on some local segments, not sure if the rear axle issue is a one of, but it might be (from the other user in this thread).

I'd like to try deep wheels someday, but even 300 dollars might be too expensive for me to dip the toes

Zero7

by Zero7

I have a set of Superteam 50. Solid set of wheels for the price. I paid $279. Came in at 1578 grams.
I rode them on my tt bike for a year. The brake pads that became with them were horrible so I swapped them out.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

I forgot to mention that. Everyone ditched the included pads, I think they're using Swisstop or similar as a replacement

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

s3si1u

by s3si1u

I rode a $300 set of Superteams for about a year. 25mm internal, 38mm deep. Used them for a while on my road bike then a bit more on the gravel bike. Always set up tubeless. My cousin is using them now and they're still rock solid. He's about 300 lbs btw and the wheels are holding up fine.