Elite Drive Carbon spoke wheel

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

woodzyz

by woodzyz

Does anyone has experience on these carbon wheelset? there are several Youtuber review recently:
GC Performance

Peak torque

I am really interested in pulling triger to upgrade my current specialize bike,their price are relatively competitive with better rim design than WS,
https://www.elite-wheels.com/drive-carb ... -wheelset/
Have anyone of you can give some thought and guidance for me? Thanks

woodzyz

by woodzyz

Elite first Carbon spoke G45 wheelset,Is there anyone have anythought about carbon rim with carbon spoke gravel,It is very light 1300g,but the rim depth is a little high for gravel riding,look forward to feedback to anyone who have own it.
https://www.elite-wheels.com/news/new-a ... -available

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

christinegull

by christinegull

I bought this wheelset in 2019 as my spare wheel, it has been working fairly well,not big problem only do some small maintenance on spoke tension once on local BS and the hub and freehub still work as smoothly as i first got it,it is out of my expectation as this is what i concern most when i bought the wheelset,other than that,it is flawless,hope it would help.

eeney

by eeney

A few people on the chinertown forum have posted about them. I'm watching closely, waiting for key review to come out, eg. trace velo and peak torque. I think Durianrider has posted a typrical video review.

What interests me is that when I contacted Elite, they said that they can do black hubs, dark details and a 40 front with 50 rear wheelset combo. I'm just hoping the reviews are positive and teh 28mm wide rim brake wheels will work with my frame/brakes.

woodzyz

by woodzyz

eeney wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:13 am
A few people on the chinertown forum have posted about them. I'm watching closely, waiting for key review to come out, eg. trace velo and peak torque. I think Durianrider has posted a typrical video review.

What interests me is that when I contacted Elite, they said that they can do black hubs, dark details and a 40 front with 50 rear wheelset combo. I'm just hoping the reviews are positive and teh 28mm wide rim brake wheels will work with my frame/brakes.
28mm tire for aerodynamic fast riding is enough,bigger tire for off road.

Jessica1512

by Jessica1512

eeney wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:13 am

OZ cycle has posted a video about this wheels.
Last edited by Jessica1512 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

eeney

by eeney

Another review from Trace Velo:

I'm sure the Peak Torque review can't be far away which will be more technical testing.

Another WeightWeenies thread started here as well, covers the difficult choice of Elite Drive v Winspace Hypers which is going to a a key decision for many, and a hot topic in this space

joeypa1012

by joeypa1012

woodzyz wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 7:16 am
Does anyone has experience on these carbon wheelset? there are several Youtuber review recently:
GC Performance

Peak torque

I am really interested in pulling triger to upgrade my current specialize bike,their price are relatively competitive with better rim design than WS,
https://www.elite-wheels.com/drive-carb ... -wheelset/
Have anyone of you can give some thought and guidance for me? Thanks
I’ve bought two sets of Elitewheels from them and highly recommend them. I did the builds myself so I can’t vouch for their pre-built wheels i buy from aliexpress. the first pair 3 years ago. good quality, had a couple blemishes but structurally sound. the second set is really top quality. they’ve come a long way in 3 years. beautifully built, modern dimensions and they’ve proven so far to be strong. I put a ding in the sidewall and a few scratches but nothing that’ll cause any trouble. they have a much better warranty and crash replacement policy now. the free shipping save a lot more than others , but for just over $400 you get a pair of carbon rims that rival most. if you have the inclination to do the build yourself I’d go that route. as for carbon rims in general, you will notice the weight and stiffness. its not hype. fantastic upgrade.They have additional new website to shop now.

timmytam

by timmytam

my elite drives came with really bad spokes they have voids, cracks, splinters, from small to large. honestly the finish its rough and very poor the carbon comes off on your hands and can easliy splinter off or get snagged on a cleaning rag. terrible quality on the spokes at least, they also came out of alignment and twist.

C36

by C36

timmytam wrote:my elite drives came with really bad spokes they have voids, cracks, splinters, from small to large. honestly the finish its rough and very poor the carbon comes off on your hands and can easliy splinter off or get snagged on a cleaning rag. terrible quality on the spokes at least, they also came out of alignment and twist.
Wow, that’s quite something… mind sharing pictures ? Any response from customer services?

sirRob

by sirRob

I received a set of Drive 50Ds today and the spokes are flawless

package including lockrings, tubeless valves an spare spokes
IMG_9785.JPG
weight: 1340g with rimtape
IMG_9787.JPG
IMG_9788.JPG
with tires mounted
IMG_9795.JPG
nice transition from rim to tire
IMG_9796.JPG
28mm pzero race tires come in at 28.3mm
IMG_9797.JPG
28,8mm rim width
IMG_9798.JPG
I will ride them probably the next days!

Stan333

by Stan333

I have had my drive 40D wheels for a few weeks now. They came in flawless. On my scale with rim tape and tubeless vales were 1288 grams. I'm not sure if I noticed huge gains over the stock dt swiss p1800, but I have only ridden the bike 10-15 times so far. I can definitely tell that they roll smoother and less pedaling was required. I do like the look with black decals. They make the bike look super nice. Here are a few pics and a link to the sound of the hub...

https://youtu.be/B-bINBQCPVI?si=dxXGAgIHzTiE167v
Attachments
20230921_183511.jpg
20230921_183553.jpg
20230922_150336.jpg
20230921_185201.jpg

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Same. Bought an Aethios Comp and added the 40Ds alsmost making it S-Works tier. Can recommend them as well after 4.000km
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stan333

by Stan333

So after riding the elite drive 40D I decided to upgrade my gravel bike wheels with the elite wheels G45 CS. Super light at 1340 grams for the pair, compared to the original DT Swiss Gravel LN which were 2026 grams. Installation was super simple, just a direct swap from old to new. Pairing G45s with ridenow tpu inner tubes, shaved 980 grams off the bike. Ride is a bit stiffer but still very smooth. Rolling resistance definitely decreased as the bike rolls much further on its own. Furthermore, the 45 mm depth and carbon layout makes the bike look bonkers. A definitely a head turner.

Hub sound check:
https://youtu.be/F7cecpeDMJU?si=fMzgHL1UOAp1fdPE
Attachments
20231108_181904.jpg
20231111_094339.jpg
20231111_094402.jpg
20231111_094552.jpg
20231111_094653.jpg