Bitex 312 hubs with ceramic bearings?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pkd87

by pkd87

I am planning to buy the farsports kaze wheels (58mm depth) with bitex 312 hubs: https://www.wheelsfar.com/kaze-disc-28m ... p0122.html

Is it worth to updgrade to the ceramic version? At the moment I have ceramic speed bearings in my wheels and like it, even the performance benefit is almost negligible. With the bitex, I have no idea if their ceramic bearings are high-quality? Does anyone know which bearings are used and are they reliable? The additional costs seem appropriate in comparison to other cermaic offerings.

BTW: The DT Swiss 180 would also be an option, but seems "over the top" in comparison to the additional costs.

Would be thankful for any experience or feedback. Thanks.

Aesch

by Aesch

No, just replace with steel bearings rom nsk, ntn, skf as soon as factory bearings are shot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pkd87

by pkd87

can you explain more? you would go with steel, because you think ceramic is no performance improvement in general or because the ceramic bearings from bitex are of low quality?

Aesch

by Aesch

No improvement, you'll be better off with high quality steel bearings for longer. Depending on your riding style and location you could choose the seal to have the tradeoff between least resistance and most durable combination too.

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

I have this Hub laced to Kaze. Spins so well on stock bearing. I see no need.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

The stock bearings tested faster than dt240, these hubs are a no brainer. Just replace them with non contact skf ntn6 bearings once the stock ones are shot.

tiz92

by tiz92

MagicShite wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:28 am
The stock bearings tested faster than dt240, these hubs are a no brainer. Just replace them with non contact skf ntn6 bearings once the stock ones are shot.
Do you have a source for that? I also have a feder wheelset with bitex hubs and yes they work perfectly.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

tiz92 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:44 am
MagicShite wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:28 am
Do you have a source for that? I also have a feder wheelset with bitex hubs and yes they work perfectly.
it's from voldemort

https://www.hambini.com/testing-to-find ... heel-hubs/

woodzyz

by woodzyz

Bitex hub quality are ok,i am sure their choosed ceramic must be same quality,won't let you down i think

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SCJKJ

by SCJKJ

The quality of the ceramic bearing isn't something you can be sure of.

After a lot of riding, lots of working on lots of peoples bikes and lots of research I can confidently say that very few manufacturers make ceramic bearings that are faster out of the box than non contacting NTN bearings. Love them or hate them, but CeramicSpeed do this very well, and even there the difference is just so tiny, it isn't worth it. Furthermore, NTN bearings are equal in performance after about 1000km. Don't go for the ceramic option, and buy NTN bearings and replace them with those. Either immediately or after the stock ones are shot. Just make sure to pick the right ones, non contacting is great, but not if you don't clean your bike or ride in bad weather all the time.