ENVE Refresh?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
kode54

by kode54

The Silca sealant didn’t seal? How was it faulty?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

Last edited by Ride4Life on Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I find the tape a little more flexible, so that it gets easier down and straight into the channel. The Tesa that Someone named earlier is really good for me as well, and dirt cheap. I just happened to have the Stan's flying around.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I had the Enve valve nut loosen up and cause my tire to lose pressure. Might want to make sure yours are tightened up @Ride4Life

mashiehood

by mashiehood

My 4.5's should arrive by the end of the week, cant wait. Planning to strip them and relace onto DT Swiss 180 which i have sitting in my toolbox.

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

mashiehood wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:35 pm
My 4.5's should arrive by the end of the week, cant wait. Planning to strip them and relace onto DT Swiss 180 which i have sitting in my toolbox.
Would love to see the weight of these with DT Swiss 180.

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

tonytourist wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:15 pm
I had the Enve valve nut loosen up and cause my tire to lose pressure. Might want to make sure yours are tightened up @Ride4Life
Thanks....will definitely check that out when I get a chance.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

The sealant from the new bottle and the very meticulous wrapping has now made the tire very very air tight. Losing some 5psi a day and around 1-2 PSI during 70k rides.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

mashiehood

by mashiehood

wheels arrived this morning, initially really happy the came so quickly but that soon turned into disappointment / annoyance......

1. That annoying white line in the rims is still there, despite rumours they were using a new resin etc.....
2. On spinning the wheel there was a rattle inside both rims and whatever was in there i could not shake it out
3. The rear wheel was out of true

Not great quality control from Enve and as my wheels came from Italy shipped to UK, the hassel of sending them back is too much. In any case i was going to delace them and replace the hubs with the DT 180's so that is now done. I managed to get the rattling bits inside of the rim out, and they look like the mould for the spoke holes left inside the rim.

Anyway, DT 180's should be here next week, will build them up and then its off the the Alps and the maratona.

Aesch

by Aesch

mashiehood wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:01 pm
wheels arrived this morning, initially really happy the came so quickly but that soon turned into disappointment / annoyance......

1. That annoying white line in the rims is still there, despite rumours they were using a new resin etc.....
2. On spinning the wheel there was a rattle inside both rims and whatever was in there i could not shake it out
3. The rear wheel was out of true

Not great quality control from Enve and as my wheels came from Italy shipped to UK, the hassel of sending them back is too much. In any case i was going to delace them and replace the hubs with the DT 180's so that is now done. I managed to get the rattling bits inside of the rim out, and they look like the mould for the spoke holes left inside the rim.

Anyway, DT 180's should be here next week, will build them up and then its off the the Alps and the maratona.
Not great is quite the understatement.. :shock:

mashiehood

by mashiehood

Sao i found more debris .......
Attachments
IMG_1396 copy.jpg

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

That is poor
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

kode54

by kode54

Sloppy QC.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

mashiehood

by mashiehood

Update.... reached out to Enve and they replied super fast, apologised for the QC and offered assistance from Saddleback in the UK if need to be replaced. I must admit the white line in the centre is annoying me a lot....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

When you're saying white line in the middle...do you mean by the spoke holes on the outside? Where the two halves get glued together or bonded?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc