Victoria Corsa Speed won't seat

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mtwinste

by mtwinste

Trying to mount a set of Victoria corsa speed tubeless on Roval CLX 50 wheels and for the life of me cannot get them to seal using CO2 cartridges or an air compressor stans sealant and specialize tubeless valve stem any ideas are welcome thanks
Attachments
98EA6728-8726-439D-B5CA-1CF65A8CCE10.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobones

by bobones

Seat with a tube inside then carefully remove tube keeping one bead fully seated. Lube with soapy water from trigger sprayer. Inflate using booster with valve core removed. If air is escaping because of loose fit then add a round of tape.

jlok

by jlok

From my memories of the very first batch of CLX50 disc brake, there's no ridge on the shoulders of the rim bed to lock the tire beads. That makes it very difficult for tight tires like Corsa Speed to stay "locked". I spent maybe 5 to 6 times of booster shots before I could get the beads to stay. Wouldn't run it tubeless if I ever get this wheelset again.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Make sure neither bead is sitting on top of valve bung/stopper. Get your compressor to at least 170psi. Lube the bead with soapy water. Use an extra layer of tape...default should be two layers for high-pressure road tubeless. Hold down the bead at the valve with a tight grip.

When all else fails, do the inner tube trick mentioned above.

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

you need to roll the wheel 360 degrees once you put the sealant. The sealant will contacto the side wall inner of the wheel. And wait one hour.
So after one hour, do it again rolling the wheel to make sure the sealant is touching the side wall between the tyre and the side wall. This rolling is very importante to make sure the sealant can keep the air inside. I try using first this way 1 one many times with compressor. And finally it is done and completely seal inside.

Silenthunter

by Silenthunter

I'm late to the party, but then first time I used them I had no problems somehow. Since then it was a long struggle. Now I think I have down. CO2 never really worked for me, it's a fast way to waste cartridges. I prefer finish line sealant, but you have to use a lot, like 3oz for a road tire. You can pre mount one side with a tube, but that only works for me on alloy rims not carbon. I skip that and just put the sealant in and mount the res in the bead. Then I take out the valve core, that's the secret. Your also going to need an air compressor, I've never used a bottle or a booster pump, but those things can cost as much as a real compressor. I have one because I use it for work already. Inflate the tire with the valve core out and it will seat, quick cover the hole with your finger after you take it off. If you don't and the air rushes out fast, that can make the tire pop back in. Then quick put in the valve. But for the corsa speed that rarely works on its own, it's not stiff enough. I warap a belt around the tire, I'm using a come along strap. You just need the strap all they way around and pull it tight with your one hand. The strap forces the beads out with the compressor and let go for the pop. So my secrets are the strap and taking out the valve core. I got the strap to work but it was still a struggle for a few years until I learned the valve core trick.

Silenthunter

by Silenthunter

H

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Silenthunter wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:29 pm
I'm late to the party, but then first time I used them I had no problems somehow. Since then it was a long struggle. Now I think I have down. CO2 never really worked for me, it's a fast way to waste cartridges. I prefer finish line sealant, but you have to use a lot, like 3oz for a road tire. You can pre mount one side with a tube, but that only works for me on alloy rims not carbon. I skip that and just put the sealant in and mount the res in the bead. Then I take out the valve core, that's the secret. Your also going to need an air compressor, I've never used a bottle or a booster pump, but those things can cost as much as a real compressor. I have one because I use it for work already. Inflate the tire with the valve core out and it will seat, quick cover the hole with your finger after you take it off. If you don't and the air rushes out fast, that can make the tire pop back in. Then quick put in the valve. But for the corsa speed that rarely works on its own, it's not stiff enough. I warap a belt around the tire, I'm using a come along strap. You just need the strap all they way around and pull it tight with your one hand. The strap forces the beads out with the compressor and let go for the pop. So my secrets are the strap and taking out the valve core. I got the strap to work but it was still a struggle for a few years until I learned the valve core trick.
I have no issues using the inner tube trick with my carbon rims.

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

Another thing you can try is to add another wrap or two of tubeless tape to the rim to bring the overall diameter a bit larger for the tire to be tighter against the rim to start with. I had similar issues with a set of Corsa G2.0 tires. They wanted to stay in the center of the rim bed and I could not get them to stay on the rim edge. Even a couple of days with tubes in to start with did not help as taking the tube out let the bead fall into the center again.

Sivian

by Sivian

I've managed to seat these pretty easily and installed the valves correctly, but will not inflate even with a compressor pump, just stay flat, what I'm I doing wrong ?

Xabi

by Xabi

Sivian wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:29 pm
I've managed to seat these pretty easily and installed the valves correctly, but will not inflate even with a compressor pump, just stay flat, what I'm I doing wrong ?
Have you tried removing the valve core before inflating and then cover the valve hole with your thumb until you screw the core again?

Sivian

by Sivian

Have tried with removing the valve core still no joy

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Sivian wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 7:28 pm
Welcome to tubeless!
It might be that you're not doing anything wrong. Some rims and some tires are a PITA.
Go for a tubed setup and ride the bike ;-)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Xabi

by Xabi

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:56 pm
Sivian wrote:
Welcome to tubeless!
It might be that you're not doing anything wrong. Some rims and some tires are a PITA.
Corsa g2.0 are the only tubeless tires that I have needed to remove the valve cores while using a compressor. New Corsa pros work properly without removing the valve core at the bike shop, my home bike compressor can't handle them without removing the valve core so I upgraded to reserve Fillmore valves and now I can even seat them with floor pump.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sivian

by Sivian

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:56 pm
Sivian wrote:
Welcome to tubeless!
Seems like the only option, thanks.