Campagnolo BORA Ultra WTO 60 Discs - Quick release conversion

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ciaranpark

by ciaranpark

Hi All,

In desperate need of expert advice, all bike shops are stumped where I am located (more they don't know Campagnolo very well).
It's fairly straight forward problem, just my knowledge of spare parts/compatibility has me beat.

I have a set of Campagnolo Bora WTO Ultras with Through axle and the new N3W standard hub setup (freehub is a 33mm 3 pawl setup).
I want to convert just the rear to a Quick Release setup (my frame is a classic steel).

Now, the issue I am finding is I have a bora QR conversion axle, which is fatter than that n3w freehub accepts, so need to use a traditional 11speed freehub. Problem with that is the traditional freehub uses a 30mm pawl, whereas the Bora's have the n3w's 33mm setup. The axle has a extended sleeve that just won't fit the freehub, the profile is very similar

So my question's are

1) Is there a traditional campy freehub that has a 33mm pawl that will work?
2) Can you in fact safely fun a 30mm pawl setup in a 33mm rachet (My gut thinks thats too much tension)
3) Rather than finding a freehub, do I have the wrong axle, is there an n3w quick release, thinner axle I should be finding?
4) Would it be easier just swapping the bearings in the freehub for a thinner set to fit the larger QR axle?
5) Do I get an axle machined?

Appreciate the help, desperate to get these wheels on the road!

Cheers

C.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I'd give Graeme a shout at velotech the guys there are fantastic.

https://www.velotech-cycling.ltd.uk/about_us.shtml

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

ciaranpark

by ciaranpark

Thanks bud, got in touch and they mentioned you'd already passed on my query! much obliged!

Sadly, doesn't look like there is much hope for a supported way of conversion of these wheels. It might require fabrication of a unique part....

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

No worrys and sorry to hear that

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry