Schwalbe Pro One TLE, anyone with feedback?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
haze513

by haze513

mgrl wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:21 pm
I found them very easy to fit and a good enough ride, but they remain the only tubeless tyres I've had such a bad puncture that I needed to fit a tube to get home.
I've found exactly the same, barring one incident whacking an IRC off a cattle grid. I had issues with the older ones and had vowed not to buy again but then everyone convinced me the newer versions were much improved.

Could just be a coincidence of course but the trust has gone.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:32 am
kervelo wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:02 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:11 pm
Hi all
I tried to get a view of Schwalbe Pro One TLE, but reviews seems polarizing!?
The bad experiences are usually related to the old model, not the latest one.
Do you know when the "new" model was released?
New model has the orange 1 and was released end of 2020.

They're my favourite road tire. Easy to install tubeless, supple, fast and grippy. Did more than 50k km on them with just one puncture, so i'm quite happy with their protection as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

50000km in a little over a year? God damn. son.

e: Oh end of 2019, not 2020. That makes more sense.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

thanks, 2019 off course.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Thanks dudes!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

kode54

by kode54

The Pro One TLE do have very thin sidewalls (newest tan walls, at least they seem to me)...and they do seep more than other tires but they are on the lighter side, good grip and comfy (30mm).

I use them as all round road tires...but not for the winter months where i cringe at the thought of a side puncture. These days during cold winter days...i've been using the Schwalbe G-One Speed tires to be safe on crappy roads.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Can someone actually provide a pic of the new tires with the tan sidewalls? I’m interested in them, but I don’t want the bright yellow ones that I know.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

floriansantana wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:56 pm
Can someone actually provide a pic of the new tires with the tan sidewalls? I’m interested in them, but I don’t want the bright yellow ones that I know.
they are not bright yellow.. mine look as the 1000's of pics online. (get the transparent version)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Any vulcanized rubber tire without carbon black or other dyes added will be this color or a similar natural "rubber band" color. "Tanwalled" vulcanized tires are silly.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:09 pm
floriansantana wrote:
they are not bright yellow.. mine look as the 1000's of pics online. (get the transparent version)
That’s why I’m asking: on the internet you find three different versions - the yellow one, the brown one and the pic from Schwalbe where it’s more like a beige Vittoria Corsa like tan color.

I’m finding these pics for the new tan wall version in online shops and it looks more like a tan wall color like on the Vittorias. Or is this the same brownish version that you posted. That’s why I was asking, because the original pic from Schwalbe looks a lot different than the one you posted.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The bottom version is pretty much fiction. The “transparent” version is brown. Older “tanwall” versions have an almost orange tint.

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:09 pm
floriansantana wrote:
This is the same color as mine
2021-12-12.jpg
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"