700x28c clincher tire that doesn't take superhuman strength to pull on

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aesch

by Aesch

Pirelli zero easy, vittoria corsa control easy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dialtone

by dialtone

So I figured out to put GP5k on the wheel by hand only as well, instead of starting from the valve, end at the valve with the second side. There's not a lot of space where the valve is so starting there seems to add more tension on the opposite side, but finishing around the valve uses all the slack coming from the opposite side shallow bed. So I still have the other tires coming, but now I'm a happy guy. Also probably the GP5k gave up a bit of rigidity after being installed on the wheel for a few days.

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

This is the method to install tough car tire the same way. The problem is that you can't really do it well by only hands because we don't have 4 hands.

Use a round cable or something that will shim the bead to center channel and jam it all around as much coverage as possible. Apply zip ties at 3,6,9 o clock to hold this all together, apply lubricant or soapy water between the bead and rim needing to push over. This should let you finish pushing that much easier.

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

Iv found schwalbe pro ones to be much easier to fit than the gp5000. I had to have 4 hands to get them seated. Also had a set of vittoria rubino's could pull on and off with minimal effort although their probably not the greatest tyre

2000m2

by 2000m2

I've found Veloflex and Vittoria to be easy to install and remove.