are all 622 (700c) schwalbe tyres hookless rim compatible?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Hi all,

I'm trying to plan my next long distance journey. i previously used Pirelli Cinurato Velo with very good success. (fairly low rolling resistance with very high puncture protection), but now i have zipp 303 firecrest (hookless 2021 version), i dont think i can use the Pirelli's anymore (both Pirelli and zipp (even Enve) said dont use this combination). As such, im on a quest to find something that has similar puncture protection and rolling resistance. i dont have to run tubeless, as i will bring spare inner tubes with me regardless as i doubt i will be able to setup tubeless on the go. Any one know if schwalbe marathon series is compatible with hookless rims? the one i have in mind at the moment is marathon supreme 32mm. decently light but almost matching rolling resistance of Cinurato. judging from Schwalbe website, as long as i dont exceed 4 bar, i should be ok. any one got more information or alternative that may be suitable? thanks.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Marathon is a citybike/ commuter tire. I don’t see the reason for buying hookless wheels and not using them tubeless.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com