FILLMORE tubeless valves. LOOKS LIKE A GREAT PRODUCT

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

andy4g63

by andy4g63

https://www.reservewheels.com/fillmore-tubeless-valves

Watch the video.
Looks like a great product, albeit not cheap.

MikeD

by MikeD

You can't check the sealant level or suck out the sealant through the valve stem with these valves; you have to pop a bead. Because of that, I'm out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ooo

by ooo

Instead of this, you can remove valve core from presta and ride with installed ConvertAir/Mrs Stubby in US:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YYNG81R ($15/pair)
https://www.mts-tubes.com/product-page/mrs-stubby ($7.5/piece)
or Joe's No Flats Valve Converters Presta to Schrader (looks like ConvertAir) in Europe/Germany:
https://www.bike24.com/p2417142.html (€12.99/pair)
http://www.joes-no-flats.com/Products/891/Valve-Converter

it is similar solution, lower price, less compatibility problems
both systems may loose air faster than regular presta valves
(sealing on both system are not ideal, can be improved diy)

edit: added euro shop link with Presta to Schrader converter
Last edited by ooo on Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
'

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

So this product makes an easily replaceable valve core harder to replace. It either forces you to inject sealant with the valve core installed or break the bead. It also solves a problem that only sort of exists. There are some tire/wheel combos that are hard to seat, but I've NEVER completely failed to seat a tubeless tire. In the worst case, I use the inner tube trick.

I have a better idea, just create "Presta+" with a larger bore. Just need to take a round file to your rims and buy a new pump head.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeD

by MikeD

TobinHatesYou wrote:So this product makes an easily replaceable valve core harder to replace. It either forces you to inject sealant with the valve core installed or break the bead. It also solves a problem that only sort of exists. There are some tire/wheel combos that are hard to seat, but I've completely failed to seat a tubeless tire. In the worst case, I use the inner tube trick.

I have a better idea, just create "Presta+" with a larger bore. Just need to take a round file to your rims and buy a new pump head.
There's more than enough airflow with the valve core removed. I found my Harbor Freight tire inflator was the limiting factor to air flow, not the presta stem sans valve core. I found using a blow nozzle on the open valve stem gave more air flow than using the tire inflator.

Clogged valve cores is my biggest issue. Silicone grease on the core helps a lot. I like the KOM sealant injector too. Keeps sealant off the walls of the valve stem.

MikeD

by MikeD

I haven't used either, but the Milkit valves look like a better design and are cheaper than the Fillmore valves. With the Milkit valves, you can inject and remove sealant through the valve stem. Fillmore says you can inject sealant through their valve, but I don't think I would.

bobones

by bobones

I have been using the Milkit valves and kit for a while, but I suspect they clog more easily that other valves, and inflating can often be troublesome. Also, the one-way annular valve often leaks so one of the main features (pressure in tyre pushing sealant back into syringe) doesn't work most of the time. For me, the best thing about the whole Milkit system is the syringe, which is great for doing topups and sucking sealant out of tyres and putting it back into the bottle.

ms6073

by ms6073

bobones wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:03 pm
the best thing about the whole Milkit system is the syringe, which is great for doing topups and sucking sealant out of tyres and putting it back into the bottle.
I used the Milkit valves in our road and gravel bikes for about a year but switched them out after I started having issues with inflation due to the rubber flaps harening over time. I do like the syringe, but these days, there are numerous low cost versions of the injector on Amazon. I do like the idea of those Shraeder adapters a couple posts up which seem more imune to sealant clogging, but seems like it would require teflon plumbers tape on the valve threads to ensure a good seal.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ooo

by ooo

It is possible to use tape and/or carry presta core, which can be use at any moment, if you have any problems.

MTS Mrs Stubby adapter looks a little bit better than ConvertAir:

Image Image

ConvertAir do not have external rubber seal, it may have some internal sealing, I am not sure about it:

'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeD

by MikeD

ooo wrote:It is possible to use tape and/or carry presta core, which can be use at any moment, if you have any problems.

MTS Mrs Stubby adapter looks a little bit better than ConvertAir:

Image Image

ConvertAir do not have external rubber seal, it may have some internal sealing, I am not sure about it:

I don't see how these solve the clogging problem. I think presta valves are better than Schrader for bikes too.