differences Hyper Vs Farsports S4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

hello guys

the last week start to test the Carbon spokes from these thow manufacturers

Winspace Hyper 38 and Farsports S4

I can say the Hyper 38 is a good choice for me with some reasons

1, ceramic bearings
2. great color
3. same stiffness
4. the weigth for 38 is 1370grams like the S4 for 1400 grams, it is not difference
5. already set up the air valve with rim tape (Far sports nothing ready, you need to purchase in a local store)
6. for the price, the hyper are more liable
7. quality almost same

for chineses wheels are not bad and good experience, of course the best of this year 2021 is Vision new models.

I start to study the carbon spokes,but my budget for now is looking the best option in the price, so after some guys test these two brands,
I courage myself to order two sets for test, now I'm very happy.

If I choose again, both is worthy to use.

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

I need to complain the Ventoux S4 series Freehub, I just use 4 times of this wheels and now, it seems a oxidation grease in the freehub, I clean the original grease and your the shimano premium grease all around the freehub, but I notice the bearing have not a smooth rotation, comparing with the hyper bearing, are more better the smooth rotation, any one can help me? thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

extrusionedwin wrote:hello guys

the last week start to test the Carbon spokes from these thow manufacturers

Winspace Hyper 38 and Farsports S4

I can say the Hyper 38 is a good choice for me with some reasons

1, ceramic bearings
2. great color
3. same stiffness
4. the weigth for 38 is 1370grams like the S4 for 1400 grams, it is not difference
5. already set up the air valve with rim tape (Far sports nothing ready, you need to purchase in a local store)
6. for the price, the hyper are more liable
7. quality almost same

for chineses wheels are not bad and good experience, of course the best of this year 2021 is Vision new models.

I start to study the carbon spokes,but my budget for now is looking the best option in the price, so after some guys test these two brands,
I courage myself to order two sets for test, now I'm very happy.

If I choose again, both is worthy to use.
My take on the two wheels
- the ceramic bearings are not bringing anything and shouldn’t really trigger any decision.
- hyper free hub machining is not particularly impressive the 3 pawls engage at quite a different moment compared to other hubs I had in hand. In few rare cases, you won’t have the 3 pawls engaged.
- the real difference is that Hypers are more than 10% stiffer than the farsports and that’s quite unique.

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

for my test now
hyper are more faster, the hub trigger can not compare with dt swiss any hub, dt swiss hubs are very sealed and good design.
all these hubs from far or lun are almost using the same pawls numbers,3 to 6, but for.ride it is enough and very faster.
the problem.here is the maintanance, due of two are using open freehub, you can see totally it is.not waterproof, so I dont suggest to run in rainy days, will damage more faster the freehub.

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

the far sport design is a open freehub

the design is like cadex
I only can say this design is not good for rainy days, including cadex, hyper or far sports and vision metron freehubs, they don't have a sealing to prevent the water get inside. if you test this in rainy days, you need to lubricate often to preven the oxidation, of course, you can purchase a new freehub, it is cheaper

I thing Farsport needs to reinforce a new hub to prevent of this oxide issue to make more durable

so for now, Hunt, Cadex, Ventoux, Hyper, have always the same issue, the hub contact directly with the carbon spokes, when the impact contact with the carbon spokes, easy will broke the spokes, thats the carbon spokes issues in any brand, so many riders, prefers to use sapim spokes, the impact vibration throught the alloy spokes absorbes the vibration and prevent any broken spokes, in other words are durable and good for rainy days,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

My friend told me one thing, the design and art level for good graphic and view is only Hyper,

So my friend show me this, owesome

no words to say alleluya!!!