Campagnolo Bora rim brake is this normal

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

neeb

by neeb

Code: Select all

Interestingly, those grooves seem to run the opposite way from all of mine - "back slash" ( \ ), rather than "forward slash" ( / ) as on all of my 4 pairs.. Unless your camera is on portrait (mirrored) mode, but I guess not from the writing on the box?

Perhaps they changed the machine and your last pair were caught in the middle of the transition.. :D 

I'm sure it's of no significance at all!
Edit - Ignore! Just seen that you posted pics of the last pair too for comparison.. So they are now "forward slash" on both wheels..?

Dan112

by Dan112

neeb wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:10 pm

Code: Select all

Interestingly, those grooves seem to run the opposite way from all of mine - "back slash" ( \ ), rather than "forward slash" ( / ) as on all of my 4 pairs.. Unless your camera is on portrait (mirrored) mode, but I guess not from the writing on the box?

Perhaps they changed the machine and your last pair were caught in the middle of the transition.. :D 

I'm sure it's of no significance at all!
Edit - Ignore! Just seen that you posted pics of the last pair too for comparison.. So they are now "forward slash" on both wheels..?
yes on both wheels 👍

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Great news are these going on the TCR? Haven't you got a fee sets of carbon wheels to choose from now? Or to draw some good comparisons?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Dan112

by Dan112

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:11 am
Great news are these going on the TCR? Haven't you got a fee sets of carbon wheels to choose from now? Or to draw some good comparisons?

ImageImage

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
Yes on the TCR although it won't see any real use now until the winter season is over.

I did test ride them on a local training loop yesterday with GP5000TL tyres that I've used on all my latest wheelsets.

I've previously used, Giant SLR1 wheels, Reynold Assaults, Winspace Luns (with sapim Cx ray spokes), Campy Zonda, Campy Shamal and now the Campy Bora.

The Campy boras / shamals are noticeably the smoothest and in terms of feel they just feel like they want to go especially when climbing no flex noticed excellent braking.

The slr1 wheels that came with the bike probably the worst in terms of braking and flex but still OK for stock wheels.

The Reynold Assaults I found pretty good but not with the stock pads I ended up changing to Reynolds Cryo Power Pads which seemed much better over the stock pads that came with them.

The Winspace Luns I didn't use for a long period of time but I did find the freehub would click / bang a bit when sometimes it engaged it has 6 paws in the freehub and I think 1 paw must of caught at times. braking again seemed pretty good nothing to moan about and good value for a cheap set, better than the SLR1 giant wheels imo.

If I could only have 1 set though it would be the shamal it's just a bullet proof wheel, so smooth and being cheaper makes it great value. Only thing I wish campy made it wider internally.

If it was between the carbon wheels even though I've only used them once so far, I'd pick the Bora they're super smooth and the braking is by far the best I've experienced on carbon wheels anyway. It's close to my shamals with BXP pads. Obviously in wet conditions it maybe a different story.

I'll let you no more once I have put more miles on them. The TCR is going to Ali at Fat Creations in a few weeks for custom paint so I'll be without it for a while but I'll post in the TCR chat once I have it back and built.

NickyR

by NickyR

what is the weight of your WTO 45 ?

Dan112

by Dan112

NickyR wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:21 pm
I weighed them at 1490g

neeb

by neeb

Dan112 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:44 pm
NickyR wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:21 pm
I weighed them at 1490g
Mine were 1516g brand new (F 665g, R 851g). Thought I had a fairly light pair, but maybe not! :)