Lun Grapid 700s (gravel wheel) dished for cannondale?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

skiparock

by skiparock

Has anyone purchased the Lun Grapid 700s from winspace and had the rear redished for a cannondale AI offset re-dish? I even asked winspace on a chat this morning to see if they knew and they have to get back to me... If anyone bought these wheels for their cannondale gravel bike and redished, please let me know it worked out fine.

https://www.winspace.cc/lun-grapid-700- ... elset.html

thanks,

alcatraz

by alcatraz

What's the offset for that frame?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skiparock

by skiparock

the cannondale requires a offset of 6mm

joejack951

by joejack951

There’s no reason why it couldn’t be done. It is simply a matter of adjusting spoke lengths to suit the offset rim (relative to a standard configuration. Cannondale claims even spoke tension so the spokes must be very nearly (if not exactly) the same length in contrast to a typical rear wheel build which has the drive side spokes a few millimeters shorter than the non-DS.

The unknown is whether you could re-dish a standard build without running out of threads. If they are custom building the wheel there is no question. Tell them the offset and they should have zero issue accommodating it. In fact it ought to be a very easy build (no worries about low tension NDS spokes).

alcatraz

by alcatraz

6mm is not a small offset but I think it can be done. You might need to put washers under the nds nipples, and swap the ds nipples to brass if they're alloy. Look inside the rim with a flashlight. If the spoke ends are sticking out of the NDS nipples, and are inside on the DS side, then it will be tough. Ideally you want the opposite to have adjustability room for that offset.

Sometimes you can actually strike crazy luck and do it by swapping the ds/nds spokes. Depends on the hub geometry and lacing pattern.

skiparock

by skiparock

thanks for the info, I will see if winspace gets back to me by week end. They build wheels so they should know if they can do this for cannondales.

TwiggyForest

by TwiggyForest

Just ask Winspace to dish the wheels during the build. I know Light Bicycle will do it on request.

grover

by grover

I have dished about twenty different brands. I haven't come across one that hasn't been able to be done yet.

skiparock

by skiparock

TwiggyForest wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 pm
Just ask Winspace to dish the wheels during the build. I know Light Bicycle will do it on request.
I asked and tried, they said to do it at local bike shop (im fine with that), but I asked if they could simply test right there in factory the 6mm offset so I dont waste time returning, they said theyd get back to me (its been several days).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skiparock

by skiparock

For those interested, I bought these wheels and had LBS dish. It worked out fine. I really like these wheels so far and much lighter (38 gravel kings) then the stock wheels that had 32s on (and hadn't had sealent added in 3 months). Winspace the company was worthless though. They never responded to any request about dishing the wheel.
Attachments
IMG_2349.jpg
IMG_2350.jpg