Centrelock Ring

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Raymonndo

by Raymonndo

Hello

I'm looking for some weight weenie centrelock rings. I know its a small thing in the grand scheme of things but I want to replace mine and looking for options...

The best I have found so far are AbsoluteBlack ones at 5.8g.

Not looking to spend loads but looking for best bang for buck.

Thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

If you are experimentalist,
Any cassette lock ring for 12t smallest cog works too. It's the same spline/thread and use the same tool to lock.
A lock ring for 11t might have too little clamping surface through, so stick with those design for 12t.

ms6073

by ms6073

Keep in mind that hub type such as the older DT Swiss 240S center lock front hubs can be a factor.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

All good points. The older Shimano 9-speed lockring is 6g. but the silver color won't match the Shimano rotors. The standard Shimano 'internal' lockring is 9g. The 'external' ones are 11-12g. IRRC. The Shimano 11-speed cassette lockring is 4g. but it's way too small (won't engage with the centerlock's surface). The 'external' Shimano lockring will work with all hubs. But the 'internal' ones will only work with the newer hubs such as the DT Swiss 240 EXP or the latest 350.