Vittoria Cosa Control vs Vittoria Pave CG

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Anyone compared these tyres? I want a decent winter tyre for use on 17C Campagnolo Shamal's. I put a set of 25mm Corsa Control (1st Gen) and they were hard and also came up very narrow, about the same as 23mm GP4000. I sue the regular Corsa's in the summer than they are very nice but the controls were quite unplesent. I'm considering the 27mm Vittoria Pave CG, will they be too wide on 17mm rims? Do they ride better than the Corsa Controls? Are the Consa Control G2.0 any better? They list a 28 but i assume that will be bigegr than the 27mm Vittoria Pave CG. My top priority is grip followed by confort. I only ride out in decent weather in the winter and stick to main roads, i'm also fairly light so don't get may punchures. Any thoughts?
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vamoots58

by vamoots58

I use the Corsa COntrol G2.0 Tubular in the autumn and early spring. I live in the NE and the roads become a bit sketchy will fall 'debris'. The winter beats out roads up, so until about April, I wont ride my 'good' wheels and tires. I only ride tubular and opt for very high quality Veloflex and FMB tires. Comfort and control are paramount. I have found the Corsa G2.0's to be reasonably supple and provide very good contact with a 'grippy' tread. I run the 30mm rear and 28mm front.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

I use 27mm Pave's on rims with a 20mm internal width and they measure 28mm so I'm fairly confident that on 17mm rims they will be true to size.

I've never ridden Corsa Control's so cannot compare the two but i like the Pave's and Wiggle were selling them for £20 each which to me is a bargain for good winter tyres.