FAR Ventoux-S Carbon Spoke Wheels - Short review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

random101

by random101

Hey all,

Just thought I'd drop in my thoughts of the Ventoux-S S6 wheels (well worth the aero advantage for me).
What can I say - I'll keep it breif as Hambini and others have made indepth reviews.
I've come from ENVE 6.7's and 5.6's and Duraace wheels. and these are on par with the Enve's, at a fraction of the cost!

Super smooth, really good feedback without suffering from cross winds. The carbon spokes are extra bling and a fraction of the cost as anything else on the market.
I was really blown away how they rode on the SL7 (also paired with their handlebars). Really top work! can't wait to clock in some more km's.

Weight' was as advertised - 1453g for the two.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... 426bIpu231

kompromesso

by kompromesso

do you think it makes sense to buy the rims only and then setup the wheel with standard steel spokes and lighter hubs? How much of the wheel performance and response to crosswinds is due to the carbon aero spokes and the proprietary hubs? thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MaxPower

by MaxPower

kompromesso wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:59 pm
do you think it makes sense to buy the rims only and then setup the wheel with standard steel spokes and lighter hubs? How much of the wheel performance and response to crosswinds is due to the carbon aero spokes and the proprietary hubs? thanks
The rims are the same as for the kaze series. Just make sure you get the brake track with grooves.

kompromesso

by kompromesso

I'd go for disc. But if rims are just Kaze with a different name, what justify the difference in price? I don't think that carbon spokes and proprietary hubs can explain the entire difference.