Vittoria have bought Dugast and announced a limited edition Eroica tyre

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eurostar

by eurostar

Apparently Vittoria bought Dugast in May. The first new Vittoria-Dugast tyre will be a limited edition thing called the Eroica. 25mm with the Corsa CX tread and the Dugast “Flying Doctor” cotton casing. Only 59 pairs, price 230 euros. Hand made in the Dugast workshop. Individually numbered. They even put your initials on them. You can pre-order them here https://www.vittoria.com/us/en/stories/ ... ica-dugast (If my experience of Dugast customer service is anything to go by, you'll never hear from them again.)

Are they a ridiculous joke? FMB silks are 220 euros per pair. And they're SILKS. 160 euros if you're slumming it with cotton ones. https://fm-boyaux.cc/en/10-route I suppose the big question is what will the Dugast quality control be like under Vittoria ownership.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Singular

by Singular

Tubulars with Open Corsa CX marking...?

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

eurostar wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:48 pm
If my experience of Dugast customer service is anything to go by, you'll never hear from them again.)
Recently I had something showing up on a dugast tubular. I emailed them a photo and they replied super fast asking me to send it for inspection and free repair if needed. Could have ignored me, or say I ruined it myself and not their problem etc

eurostar

by eurostar

I'm glad things have improved. My nightmare with them was 15 years ago.

LouisN

by LouisN

Looks like a regular 25 mm Corsa rolling band, with a bigger cotton casing. Duh !!
NOthing more, so lots of unprotected surface on the sides, no more lateral grip. Ridiculous if you ask me.
If one wants a larger tub for rough roads, better buy any of the different 28-30 mm tubular prototypes offered at Proownedcycling from different brands IMO.

Louis :)

eurostar

by eurostar

It's not a Vittoria casing. It's a Dugast casing. With the flying doctor treatment, whatever that is. Dugast everything, except the tread.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

LouisN wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:46 am
Looks like a regular 25 mm Corsa rolling band, with a bigger cotton casing. Duh !!
NOthing more, so lots of unprotected surface on the sides, no more lateral grip. Ridiculous if you ask me.
If one wants a larger tub for rough roads, better buy any of the different 28-30 mm tubular prototypes offered at Proownedcycling from different brands IMO.
But that's not what it is. It's a 25mm tyre. Everything you've written after the first comma is wrong.

LouisN

by LouisN

You're right. It's just a plain 25 casing with sealant added over it. My bad lol.

Niche product for collectors only.

Louis :)

eurostar

by eurostar

All sold out long ago anyway. Let's hope that the Dugast takeover will produce something more useful.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com