Vittoria Triathlon Speed Tubular

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Hi all,
when i was doing some shopping online i came across a Triathlon Speed G2.0 tubular tyre from Vittoria. Given it is branded as G2.0 so i dont think it is very old product. The description on various shops arent really helping what this tyre characteristic is like.

there was an old thread on another forum that lightly touched on the topic. In summary, it is a corsa speed but with butyl inner tube. however as mentioned this is an old tread and does not mention G2.0 specifically. Can someone confirm this? Many thanks. :beerchug:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Singular

by Singular

That's correct - Vittoria's top-end tubulars have for a long time been available in "triathlon" guises with butyl tubes (so that the bike can be placed overnight without tyres deflating).

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

That's quite silly given that latex tubes will roll faster. I usually inflate +20psi excess the night before for the next morning's ride, the tri riders should all do that (it helps to catch slow leaks as well).

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Singular

by Singular

Kayrehn wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:21 am
That's quite silly given that latex tubes will roll faster. I usually inflate +20psi excess the night before for the next morning's ride, the tri riders should all do that (it helps to catch slow leaks as well).

Well, it depends on what the loss is of a fine tubular with a very light butyl inner tube (such as the previous Corsa Elite which IIRC now is the Rubino tubular) compared to a latex tubed one, in relation to what the potential loss is of incorrect pressure (both from being stored for example overnight, but also from the deflating happening during the event itself) is. In fact, it is almost a wash (I think we're looking at 1-2 watts tops for a pair of wheels at optimum pressure, less when guesstimating it the day before).

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

thanks for the info guys. :beerchug:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

tommyboyo

by tommyboyo

Kayrehn wrote:

Why not just pump them up to the right psi before the ride?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

tommyboyo wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:35 pm
Kayrehn wrote:

Triathlon...
They leave the bike at the transit zone overnight.
And only access it after the swim.
Put on cycling shoes after the swim already take some precious time. It take some practice to minimize transit tine from swim to bike and then bike to run. Now you ask them to pump the tire up before riding it too?
Nah, that'll eliminate any time saving from latex tube.

tommyboyo

by tommyboyo

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:18 am
tommyboyo wrote:
Kayrehn wrote:

Triathlon...
Put on cycling shoes after the swim already take some precious time. It take some practice to minimize transit tine from swim to bike and then bike to run. Now you ask them to pump the tire up before riding it too?
Ah, understood.

I know nothing about Tri!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Singular

by Singular

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:18 am
tommyboyo wrote:
Kayrehn wrote:

Triathlon...
When I read Kayrehn's post, to my understanding he/she refers to normal morning rides (not triathlon events/races).