Tubeless repair.. internal boot?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

USAisDOA

by USAisDOA

I did the process with a piece of inner tube and I believe I used super glue.. with no joy.

I guess ? the next step would be to try a substantialy thick inner tube patch with what glue?

Or you tell me please.

I'll guess the tire went over a piece of glass back when, it just has two or three substantial punctures is not a big cut. Worms just didn't get the job done.

Previous attempt saw the tire cleaned and dried thoroughly roughed up the area so I guess it's a matter of the super glue does not get the job done...?
I believe almost nothing I read and 'hear'

I believe roughly half of what I see with my own eyes.. in person.

I do not carbon.. anything

:nospamhere:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sockman

by Sockman

Use an inner tube patch and the rubber cement thst comes with it. If the hole is particularly large you can cut a piece of an old tyre to use as a patch, but be careful because too big and you will feel it on every rotation.

USAisDOA

by USAisDOA

I seen that inner tube cement fail a couple times and given a tubeless tire with the grief of tilgoing on and off... Hence the suggestion for a different glue.

Maybe I'll swing by the auto parts store and see if they've got vulcanizing cement.

MikeD

by MikeD

They make tubeless tire patch kits for bicycle tires. The patches are more substantial than the ones for tubes. Google is your friend here.

USAisDOA

by USAisDOA

I've been messing with my own sealant Brew of late.. mostly some derivative of Elmer's glue. The water derivative has been blue windshield washer fluid. Yesterday I popped a fresh one open and the glue w the blue made for a nice orange color looked just like Orange endurance.

haze513

by haze513

Loctite 480, bit more flexible than Superglue which may be too brittle?

Used it a few times in the past but on the outside as a back up to the sealant rather than patching, might be worth a try but it's not cheap!

USAisDOA

by USAisDOA

Agreed the super glue is too brittle. I've experimented with a couple drops of super glue on the outside of the tire, letting it start to gell and then taking a greasef screwdriver side and pushing it into the crevice. Works okay for a short time... The loctite sounds like a much better plan for that route.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

MikeD wrote:They make tubeless tire patch kits for bicycle tires. The patches are more substantial than the ones for tubes. Google is your friend here.
I just a regular tube patch kit and make sure the inside is roughed up and accepts glue/rubber cement

edit: don't overthink it...air pressure is not high and besides, once patched from the insides...it'll force the patch outwards, so no issues there.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc