Help identifying Giant freehub *(REMOVAL ADVICE NEEDED)*

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naylor343

by naylor343

Got nowhere today with this. Tried the boiling water, nothing moved. So as a last resort I got the gas on it. Heated the entire hub shell, right inside from the non drive side heating the freehub and hub threads, still nothing, it just would not budge. Ironically, the heat has melted and redistributed whatever grease/ lube was in there and it's now running smoother than when I began! Somehow, and i cannot believe it but the wheel has remained perfectly true, this even after a shit load of torque being applied by two of us. Now at a total loss as what to do.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Raimundo

by Raimundo

I was going to suggest you a BIG cheater bar.

But to be honest no costumer deserves to reap the sour fruits of mediocre technology, if it was me, and after all that swearing and sweating you probably did around that hub, i would just chuck in a cardboard box and ship it to the Giant service center/seller, and let them deal with their own product. If you continue down this road you might just be inviting irreparable damage to your tools or wheel, or even a broken finger (knock on wood) on the process.

As you said on the beginning of your thread, these are not your main wheels, and they are still under warranty...

Good luck is what i wish you.