All-around rim brake carbon wheels compatible with Campy Pads

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NLC86

by NLC86

I'm looking for a carbon wheelset (rim brake) compatible with Campagnalo Brake Pads for everyday use.

Right now I have a pair of Bora WTO 33 and I would like to buy a wheelset for everyday rides without changing the pads.
I was thinking to the Fulcrum Wind 40C, but I'm very skeptical since it's a quite obsolete wheelset as concept and construction.

What do you think? Any suggestion?
Last edited by NLC86 on Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaRene

by PinaRene

First of all : Take a rim shape that is the same as the WTO 33, that is for the brake section. I have 2 pair of Zipp wheels for rim brake a would love to ride them on my steel Holdsworth once, but the braksection shape is totaly different than the Campagnolo Bora's so that means every time set/tune the brakepads again for a good braking result.

Left Zipp - Right with dead straight brake surface Campagnolo Bora for example:

Second , those brakepads are fine on almost every carbon wheel. I use them on my Bora's and also on my FFWD F3R wheels. The FFWD squeeze a bit on the rear brake with the Campagnolo brakepads, but it isn't really bad.

NLC86

by NLC86

PinaRene wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:38 pm
First of all : Take a rim shape that is the same as the WTO 33, that is for the brake section. I have 2 pair of Zipp wheels for rim brake a would love to ride them on my steel Holdsworth once, but the braksection shape is totaly different than the Campagnolo Bora's so that means every time set/tune the brakepads again for a good braking result.

Left Zipp - Right with dead straight brake surface Campagnolo Bora for example:

Second , those brakepads are fine on almost every carbon wheel. I use them on my Bora's and also on my FFWD F3R wheels. The FFWD squeeze a bit on the rear brake with the Campagnolo brakepads, but it isn't really bad.
Thanks a lot!
What about the Vision Metron 40 SL? I found them at decent price (1000€) at my LBS