Long shelf life sealant?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nickf

by nickf

I usually carry around a 2oz Bontrager bottle with me just in case of a tubular puncture. I shake it up before every ride and throw it in my back pocket. Haven't had a tubular flat in a couple of years. Until a week ago and the Bontrager sealant was a big clump in the bottom of the bottle. Not sure if it would have worked anyways, was a good size cut. What is a good long shelf life non-clumping sealant I can carry around with me just in case?

alcatraz

by alcatraz

You might find that long shelf life sealant doesn't work very well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghostinthemachine

by ghostinthemachine

I just use the emergency bottle first whenever I do a refill/new tire, then fresh sealant in the bottle.
Longest it stays in the bottle is (maybe) 3 months, more like 2. (I have at least 5 or 6 sets of tubeless wheels, and another couple of dozen I look after.)

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Orange Sealant will last for at least 4 years. I have a big bottle of it that I use to fill some 50ml. containers for me or my friends with tubular tires. There is 200ml. left in the big bottle and it is still okay 8) . It's not the endurance bur the nomal Orange sealant. Used it to repair a tubular tire 3 times in the last 4 years and did a refill on the 50ml container.

https://www.futurumshop.nl/orange-seal- ... gLX3PD_BwE