DT Swiss 240 EXP - Engagement Problems

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

WizzyBob wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:12 pm
I've measured it and its 35mm wide, that's 10 speed right? 11 speed is 37mm?
Correct. You can also check the freehub by measuring the distance of your axle. If they gave you the 10-speed freehub then your new axle distance is now shorter by around 2mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

haze513 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:30 pm
Surprised they still make a 10s to be honest but not sure what that is...not seen one with splines like that before...
Of course they still make 10-speed freehubs. 10-speed freehubs are installed on every MTB rear hub made today. Just because we call it a 10-speed freehub it doesn't mean it's only for 10-speeds. The 10-speed designation refers to the fact that the freehub is shorter than a road 11-speed freehub to allow the hub flange to be moved further out to provide better spoke bracing angles on the driveside. With a 10-speed freehub you can fit a Shimany Dynasys-11 11-speed MTB cassette, or you can replace it with a Sram XD freehub that allows 12-speed MTB cassettes, or the Shimano Microspline freehub and a 12-speed MTB cassette. So in conclusion when people say it's a 10-speed freehub all they are saying it's not a Road 11-speed freehub but rather a MTB-specific freehub that can only take a MTB cassette, one with the largest cog dished over to the middle of the hub by about 2mm.

haze513

by haze513

Yeah of course, had a moment...

disq

by disq

Happy to report that my recent order from Farsports (ordered 14/04, received today to the UK) has the updated DT EXP hubs ("110" in serial number)

240 EXP, Shimano freehub, thru axle 12/142.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

SLH wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:50 am
Just checked the serial numbers on my new wheels and the dreaded 0 is there. 408
Contact DT Swiss, they'll send you a new ratchet/freehub. If it's new/low mileage, they don't need to inspect the wheel, they'll just send the parts to you. Mine just arrived today. :thumbup:

SLH

by SLH

rides4beer wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:48 am

Contact DT Swiss, they'll send you a new ratchet/freehub. If it's new/low mileage, they don't need to inspect the wheel, they'll just send the parts to you. Mine just arrived today. :thumbup:
Contacted DT Swiss and they have (apparently) handed my issue to the Australian distributor, to regrease and inspect. Still waiting to hear from them...one week later.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS
DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 50

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

I was advised today by the UK distributor that as my wheels are new (with no use at all) they'll just send me a replacement ratchet. DT are now saying there is no need to replace freehub. I did think freehub replacement was a bit odd, given they seem so certain it's a floating ratchet problem.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

The freehubs do need replacing on wheels that have been used. The worn/ faulty floating ratchet causes damage to the freehub splines.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

SLH

by SLH

BianchiDave wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:11 pm
I was advised today by the UK distributor that as my wheels are new (with no use at all) they'll just send me a replacement ratchet. DT are now saying there is no need to replace freehub. I did think freehub replacement was a bit odd, given they seem so certain it's a floating ratchet problem.
Australian distributor contacted me and they are sending a new replacement ratchet and grease for my new (unused) wheels.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS

jmomentum

by jmomentum

How long did it take for DT Swiss to contact you after filling out the online form? I've been waiting a couple weeks.

SLH

by SLH

jmomentum wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 12:02 am
How long did it take for DT Swiss to contact you after filling out the online form? I've been waiting a couple weeks.
The international communication came overnight. Australian communication, one week later.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS

TwiggyForest

by TwiggyForest

I contacted DT Swiss who passed it onto the Australian Distributer over a month ago and haven't heard back 🤔

GeoffS

by GeoffS

I submitted my online form with DT Swiss about 2 weeks ago. They responded within 24 hours, directing me to contact the Australian distributor, which I did within a day. The distributor in turn emailed me to take the wheels to the nearest DT Swiss stockist (my LBS) which I did the next day. Since then I've heard nothing. Based on other Aussies experiences, I'm not holding my breathe... :|

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

UK have not responded to me for over a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick38

by Nick38

I messaged them Monday and they came back saying still waiting for freehubs :unbelievable:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com