Corima Wheels in UK

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Yep - 400350 in the front wheel.
Removal is simple: fist pull the plugs (400335) by hand, the come out with a "plop". Then I used a 3/8" ratchet extension and with some gentle taps with a mallet to the inner ring of the bearing I "hammered" (in absence of a better word) it out. Was no big prob and didnt require much force (I know strictly speaking one should not apply force to the inner run). Then the spacer comes out and one can replace it. When re-installing the bearing I put it into the fridge before, applied a little grease and "gently hammered" it in using a nut matching the OD of the bearing. No rocket science :-)
This was for the WS+ wheels. However I had to replace the bearings of the MCC front wheel too when I bought them 2nd hand (dont know what the previous owner did to kill one in less than 1000km...). Process is basically the same.
To replace the spacer in the REAR axle, I would (as per above) remove the NDS 6803 bearing as I am not sure if one needs to remove 400188 prior to getting the DS bearing out...but then I had no need to do that

hope this helps
niko

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Sweet thanks so much mate for sharing these details! I've never handled wheels with carbon spokes so was not very confident about maintaining the MCC; it sounds like I could give it a go. By the way, did you happen to see whose bearings Corima used for their S+ hubs? (Any branding on the seal?)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Thanks Llanberin and niko. I will ask if Corima have same kind of problem solver for the rear wheel.

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Llanberis wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:00 pm
By the way, did you happen to see whose bearings Corima used for their S+ hubs? (Any branding on the seal?)
I think they use NSK, the ones in my MCCs were branded accordingly, assume those in the WS+ (w/o branding) are NSK, too.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Thanks man! That's very good to know. :thumbup:

2000m2

by 2000m2

jekyll man wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:15 pm
Llanberis wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 pm
Thnak you jekyll, that makes sense as I can barely find any online retailer carrying the brand. My mate was lucky and managed to buy a set of 47 WS+ after e-mailing Yellow, but that was 4 moths before they even replied to his e-mail. I've also enquired but haven't heard anything so far since November.. To be honest, this concerns me a bit regarding the aftersale service when the time comes. How's your friend's experience with Yellow on warrantying their wheels? Wouold be nice to pop over to Bikeroom when the lockdown is over..
Try Swiss iconic, it's the same company.
Might not have what you want on the website, but you might get a quicker answer.
After sales experience is about par for the uk bike industry.
I had a corima disc that developed some run out, and they didn't really want to know although corima claimed they could straighten them. I ended up dealing direct with corima in France, and sent it there for assessment. Turns out they couldn't do it anyway, but at least were helpful.
Swiss Iconic has 20% off right now. Looks to include the Corima wheels.

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

19% vs 20% but on arrival most courier charge handling fee in region of 10-20GBP, so that's another few% depending on the price of the item. only since briexit i realise how much more tax i have been paying lol
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen: