Schwalbe Pro One TLE - leaking sidewalls

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
rmr40

by rmr40

Had these tyres approx 6 months, love the way they ride however they continue to leek air from the sidewalls regardless of the amount/type of sealant.

I did read that others had similar issues and wondered if it was manufacturing issues from early batches? If so, did schwalbe ever fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alanyu

by alanyu

My first batch addix pro ones have exactly the same issue, no matter what sealent I used. Orange seal can slow down the leaking but it was still far from ideal and the sealant dried up too quick. I switched to kenda valkyrie pros for a easy life. Though they rolls a bit slower (RR is better than old one tubed according to tour mag. test, and should be close to old pro one, comparing the dataset of BRR and tour), they holds air well even without sealent and have a much better puncture resistance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Orlok

by Orlok

rmr40 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:00 pm
Had these tyres approx 6 months, love the way they ride however they continue to leek air from the sidewalls regardless of the amount/type of sealant.

I did read that others had similar issues and wondered if it was manufacturing issues from early batches? If so, did schwalbe ever fix it?

Witch release of the Schwalbe Pro One TLE are you talking with the white or orange logo.? and what type of sealant did you use.?
Once comes a time that you'll have a tailwind :D
Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 8050 Di2 - Carbonspeed C38 Tubeless

rmr40

by rmr40

Orange logo, latest version..

Tried stans, caffe latex and orange seal..

Orlok

by Orlok

I don't have experience jet with the new Pro One but if you have some troubles with leaking the sidewalls I suggest that before claim by Schwalbe use their sealant before to try and make then contact with Schwalbe for remplacement unther garantie.!
Once comes a time that you'll have a tailwind :D
Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 8050 Di2 - Carbonspeed C38 Tubeless

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

No problem with new (orange) or old (white).. my orange ones are from very early batch.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I had the seeping issue with the Pro Ones. It was very noticeable with Bontrager TLR sealant (which in my tests, seeps the most of any sealant.) I would notice dark, damp patches on my sidewalls and my floor would be slightly slimy under the tire. Like Alanyu, I ended up swapping to different tires, Goodyear Eagle F1 SS in my case. I have had has zero issues with these tires...in fact they hold air/fluid better than any other tires a I’ve tried.

jlok

by jlok

No issue for my orange logo Pro One TLE 28mm with Orange Seal.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

simonmlong

by simonmlong

Has similar issues at first. Using Stans sealant. Started with 30ml and had slow leaks. Increased to 60ml, spin wheel on it's side to distribute the sealant. Let it sit horizontally for ~30mins per side (use a plant pot or saucepan to support wheel on spokes so it is perfectly horizontal). Since then no issues, will hold pressure for several days, maybe need to pump up once or twice per week.

Morkai

by Morkai

No issues with Pro1 Addix 28mm (bought 1.6.2020) and 25mm (bought 23.10.2020) and Orange Seal (40ml per tyre) on Bora WTO wheels.
I had leaking sidewalls on Vittoria Corsa Control 28mm during the first installation.

Philippos

by Philippos

Same here. I had the latest Pro One's in 28mm. Kept leaking through the sidewall no matter how much sealant I used (Stans Race). Schwalbe Netherlands said it is normal behaviour. I dont. I had to wipe my rims clean every other day....

kytyree

by kytyree

jlok wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:52 am
No issue for my orange logo Pro One TLE 28mm with Orange Seal.

Same for me, none at all.

wltz

by wltz

simonmlong wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:55 pm
Has similar issues at first. Using Stans sealant. Started with 30ml and had slow leaks. Increased to 60ml, spin wheel on it's side to distribute the sealant. Let it sit horizontally for ~30mins per side (use a plant pot or saucepan to support wheel on spokes so it is perfectly horizontal). Since then no issues, will hold pressure for several days, maybe need to pump up once or twice per week.
Thank you so much for this tip! Had air tightness issues with Corsas 2.0 TL on LightBicycle rims. I only run them with GP5k's until last week, Contis probably fill all rim beadlock imperfections with their chunky beads, so never had this problem. On went the Corsas for occasional winter duties, and the tyres would lose pressure overnight. Several top-up shots of Orange Seal alleviated the problem only slightly, until I used your hack and left them horizontal on each side. Instant success!

ManPants

by ManPants

I'm not sure if it's the sidewall that's my issue (I haven't noticed any sealant seeping through them), but one of my new Pro One TLEs is refusing to hold much air for more than a day or so. 70psi goes down to about 30 or so after 24 hours. There's no obvious leak, the valves are brand new and set up correctly, and the LB rims don't have access holes so there's no tape.

The tyre that won't hold air doesn't have the tiny extra little orange "TLE" on the sidewall which the other one does have (located 90 degrees around from the large main logo). Both are definitely TLEs though. Is it possible that the one without the extra logo is from an earlier batch?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

How much sealant are you using? Add a little more and go for another ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com