Tubilito yes or no?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ccie6872

by ccie6872

Switching from Tubeless (hesitantly) back to Tubes to try the new Rapides CLX. I am thinking of GP5000 28’s and tubolito tubes for my SL7. Any other combo I should consider? Look for the magically balance of punction resistance, performance, and weight (probably in that order). There are a lot of mixed reviews on tubilitos..thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Vittoria, Vredestein or Silca latex. Faster than Tubolito and in my hands pretty reliable.

Neillp

by Neillp

Yes but only just, I think they do puncture more easily than standard butyl tubes but only a bit more.

Repairs can be a pain but I found if the patch doesn't hold a little bit of super glue works on the patch.

Ypuh

by Ypuh

Do Turbolito's lose air overnight like latex tubes do? It bores me really quickly I need to pump my tyres every day.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

johnrho

by johnrho

Ypuh wrote:Do Turbolito's lose air overnight like latex tubes do? It bores me really quickly I need to pump my tyres every day.
No they don’t but I’ve had some bad luck with the S-Tubos version as of late. Had to replace 2 tubes because they developed leaks for some strange reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grover

by grover

If not using a valve extender then I say no. If you are going to use valve extenders, maybe. The plastic valve flares and stops the pump going on. So best to use a metal valve extender to form the interface with a pump. I only say maybe because my anecdotal experience is that they are not comfortable or fast. Latex much easier to work with and feel nicer.

Two of my four split where the valve is bonded in. Tubolito offered to replace them. Good company. But not worth the effort in my book.

scapie

by scapie

i've had 4 of them. 2 i had punctures in not long after installing but the other 2 since then have lasted at least a year. they're quite good because they hold air well, are small and light - just how they advertise.

the downside is that they are alot more difficult to fit. you have to be very careful to make sure the tube is not caught under the bead of the tyre. they don't roll inside a deflated tyre as good as a normal rubber tube and even with talc it didn't make a difference.

they are appealing to use as spares because they are so small but because of the hassle to fit i'm not going to bother with them again.

i just fitted 2 new tyres and went back to standard conti tubes.

Yoln

by Yoln

Yes in your jersey pocket, No in your tire

Not reliable enough, and slower than latex. Not mentioning the price. Their only advantage is that the pack so small
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

Pukutis

by Pukutis

Did you consider Schwalbe Aerothan? Has anyone seen any tests?

MattMay

by MattMay

I just bought some for spares, road and mountain. I guess a real world test will come if needed for a flat.

johnrho

by johnrho

Pukutis wrote:Did you consider Schwalbe Aerothan? Has anyone seen any tests?

Where are they available?

Pukutis

by Pukutis

johnrho wrote:
Pukutis wrote:Did you consider Schwalbe Aerothan? Has anyone seen any tests?

Where are they available?

https://www.bike-components.de/de/s/?keywords=Aerothan

borist

by borist

True that they are small which is nice, but Turbolito claims better puncture resistance - this is so dependant on what tyre you are running so I got as many flats as on butyl.

Used them for a while but didnt see enough of an advantage to justify the price. If they came down a bit, I would certainly consider again; but 3x the price of other tubes is a bit much.

MattMay

by MattMay

I bought mine right off the schwalbe site.

https://www.schwalbetires.com/

jj911c2

by jj911c2

Can you use a Co2 cartridge with the Aerothan or is it too thin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com