Goodyear UHP tubeless tires

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Same here, i pumped the tyres 4 times since i set them up in the original post, they are great. broke lots of old PR's in the mean while, although i dont know if should credit the zipp 303FC 2021 or the tyres or just being wide (gone from 23mm to wide rim + 28mm F1SS).
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

bcmf wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:11 am
Any idea when the 'tan' sidewalls will bw available and where in Europe* they can be purchased.
I have a set of rims on the way to be built up and should be ready by the end of March.
Which country are you in? If in the UK, they should be available via out distributor:

https://paligap.cc/product/components/t ... road-tyre/
Doing bike things.

bcmf

by bcmf

Thanks Junior.
Am in Ireland so can use paligap.

3phase

by 3phase

Junior Varsity wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:07 pm
bcmf wrote:
Any idea when the 'tan' sidewalls will bw available and where in Europe* they can be purchased.
I have a set of rims on the way to be built up and should be ready by the end of March.
Which country are you in? If in the UK, they should be available via out distributor:

How about here in Singapore?

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

3phase wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:17 am
Junior Varsity wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:07 pm
bcmf wrote:

How about here in Singapore?
Yes, our distributor https://michivelo.cc/ should have them in stock.
Doing bike things.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

so assos quhubeka were on them at least trainings camps
and begining of season

and now back on vittoria
am i right ?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

romanmoser wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:20 am
so assos quhubeka were on them at least trainings camps
and begining of season

and now back on vittoria
am i right ?

Maybe they want to be on tubs through the classics season. No idea.

3phase

by 3phase

Managed to get some of the Tan Wall 28c. Installed them yesterday and mounted them on my LB AR46 (21inner, 28 wide). Listed weight was 300g, mine was 313g and 317g, within the +/- 7% they listed. Out of the box looks well made (Made in Taiwan), it's on the brownish side of the the tan wall spectrum, which is ok for me. No weird smell too :mrgreen:

I had to use a tyre lever on the last sections to mount them, probably because my hands were so tired/painful in removing the old tires on the rear (Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE addix) as one side of the bead just wont pop at all. As I'm not using those tyres anymore due to multiple punctures and plugs, I decided just to cut it :D

Inflated them to 80psi (max 85 psi says on side wall). Didn't hear the familiar pop on the front while on the back it did have 2-3 pops. Both measured 29mm @80psi. I only use my normal track pump to inflate. I put 2 layers of rim tape on the wheels. Didn't put any sealant yet on the tyres. I already noticed a slight air leak on the rear tyres while the front retains good pressure. This morning, almost no pressure loss at the front tyres (78psi) while the rear was about 20psi . Beads remain seated. I will put the sealant later in the day and go for a quick spin in the block to see how it goes. Proper riding to be done on Friday.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

nah even on their tubeless clinchers wheels
they are on vittoria now

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

romanmoser wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:48 pm
nah even on their tubeless clinchers wheels
they are on vittoria now
This is changing very, very soon...
Doing bike things.

stjepan

by stjepan

Anyone aware of stock availability within the EU mainland (28mm tubeless, tanwall - F1 or F1 SS)? Can't seem to locate them anywhere... :noidea:

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

stjepan wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:06 pm
Anyone aware of stock availability within the EU mainland (28mm tubeless, tanwall - F1 or F1 SS)? Can't seem to locate them anywhere... :noidea:
Not the mainland but they do ship there.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Goodye ... -Tyre/QYGK
Doing bike things.

CR987

by CR987

I have used Schwalbe Pro One's for the past 4 years but decided to give the Goodyear's a go. Fitted them to Roval CLX32's very very easily. A really quick squirt of air from my compressor had them pumped up instantly, this is the main reason why I wanted to try them out.
The 25mm Schwalbe and 28mm Goodyears measure EXACTLY the same width (29mm) and height.
I really enjoyed the ride today,. They feel firmer than the Schwalbe but in a nice way, they feel more solid and substantial. Very happy so far.

Luca199

by Luca199

Torn between GP5000 TL 25mm and Goodyear Eagle F1 TL 25mm... mounting them on Campy carbon Wheelset internal width 19mm, external width 26mm.

I can see Goodyear has the ease of installation, better grip and air pressure retention, but lags behind in terms of rolling resistance and puncture protection. They have the tan wall option, which I'm very interested in!

Conti seem to have better rolling resistance, better puncture protection, but are very difficult to install and may leak more pressure. All Black option only, no tan wall.

What's your take/review? Any thoughts? Will the rolling resistance difference be noticeable? What about the puncture protection, any major differences?

I'm planning on using Stans No Tubes classic sealant (not the race version) at 40ml per tyre. Any other products and/or dosages I should be aware of?

Thank you for your help/feedback!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

warthog101

by warthog101

Luca199 wrote:
Conti seem to have better rolling resistance, better puncture protection, but are very difficult to install and may leak more pressure. All Black option only, no tan wall.
GP5000TL in a 25mm went on these wheels by hand fairly easily.

https://www.wiggle.com.au/prime-rr-50-v ... r-wheelset

19mm int 27.5mm ext.
Not leaky with Hutchinson sealant on board