Goodyear UHP tubeless tires

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
fruitfly

by fruitfly

As an update, both by Goodyear tires had to be binned last week-each time it was damage to the sidewall that wouldn't reseal. I got a little over 6000km, so not bad.
Factor Ostro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tofast

by Tofast

Sadly my second Goodyear eagle F1 TLR died yesterday, I heard a loud bang and then there was a rapture in the rubber but it still held the air. So in 2500km I have been forced to change 2 Goodyear tires but my GP5000TL has zero issues despite being used more and on worse roads.
Goodyear seemed promising but the puncture resistance/quality is to bad.
Attachments
20210720_090057.jpg

moonoi

by moonoi

I ordered the Eagle F1 a few months back, finally needed to replace my old tyres so mounted them up.

Front went on nice and easy, seated with little effort, added sealant and moved to the rear. Quite happy at how smooth the front went, seating the rear....went OK and seated fine......but then...sound of air hissing out, damned pin hole appeared from nowhere! Sadly will end up binning these without even trying them, although from more recent comments, looks like I'm probably not missing out on anything.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

can someone tell me this combo will work
HED rim 21 I.D. 25 External
Goodyear 25mm 4 season vector. Would the 25mm be too wide covering the rim? (was looking for 23mm tires but most tubeless starts with 25mm minimum)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

PoorCyclist wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:19 pm
can someone tell me this combo will work
HED rim 21 I.D. 25 External
Goodyear 25mm 4 season vector. Would the 25mm be too wide covering the rim? (was looking for 23mm tires but most tubeless starts with 25mm minimum)

25mm external is narrow, and no you shouldn’t buy 23mm tubeless tires regardless of your rim situation.