What wheels would you put on a Pinarello Dogma F10 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

muntos

by muntos

I'm building a Pinarello Dogma F10 bike and I have to decide on a wheel set that would match the bike.
The requirements would be:
- tubular (is not mandatory, but I know tubulars are more lighter compared to the rest)
- depth > 40mm
- as low (weight) as possible but no fancy (hard to repair, exotique, carbon spokes, etc..) wheels like Lightweight
- proven good/great breaking performance (mostly on dry, I hate to ride on wet, but you can't control the weather sometimes :) )
- to somehow match Pinarello brand (here I mean that no Roval wheels for example that work hand in hand with Specialized)

My first choice at this moment is Campa Bora Ultra/One 50mm, but I would love a more non-mainstream wheelset, like Ax Lightness, Smolke, the problem is that I don't know how good are these brands in terms of braking, aero...

What would be your choice ?

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

You answered your own question.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beanbiken

by beanbiken

+99.....
BB

Coffee & carbon

sychen

by sychen

If you want to go full Sky /Ineos then.. Lightweight Meilenstein! I know you said no fancy..

Campagnolo wto 45 /60? Too mainstream?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

alistaird

by alistaird

This would be my less mainstream choice...

A

vinc

by vinc

Zipp

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

cedced74

by cedced74

I am building an F10 too : I have chosen Mavic CCU...

PinaRene

by PinaRene

@Muntos -

If I should build a Pinarello with Campagnolo my A choice would be Campgnolo Bora Tubular or otherwise Bora WTO 60.
If it is the Shimano /Sram way you are going it would be Zipp 404 tubular / Dura Ace C60 tubular.

A Pinarello F10 will suit 50 or 60mm rims better that 30 or 40 mm rims, and since you live in Romania is't not to windy on a daily basis so.

Ypuh

by Ypuh

Personally I'd stick to Campa WTO's. One of the best and nicest understated wheels from what I understand.

I don't like the new Zipp's looks, hookless and decals and those don't really fit an Italian brand anyway.

Might consider Schmolke or Lightweights. With a bit of luck you can find a really nice barely used/discounted set around €2.500, but since I would like to use mine every day, those don't seem the most practical/serviceable to me. Zipp and Campa really are a step ahead when it comes to every day use I would say. Vision/Mavic/Miche/DT Swiss/FFWD etc. all lose out to Bora's (i.e. not special either, but less fitting to a Dogma).

Obviously I don't have experience with all (or more than one even), so it's hard to give a solid objective advice.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

mendiz

by mendiz

A new idea,custom wheelset tubular:
-Rims Corima 32 mm depth front, 47 rear depth, besides you can choose 22.6 or 26 mm width.
-Hubs the best rolling possible ,I think Gokiso, if not Phil Wood or Royce, with less weight than those 3 hubs DT 240 or Chris King or White Industries or Industry Nine
-Spokes Cxray/CX Sprint,or DT Aerolite/Aerocomp
-Tubulars FMB silk or Dugast silk or Veloflex
- Skewers Dura ace 9100 or 9000
I really think this wheelset would be the best performance ever with a good wheelbuilder
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

my vote would be Bora WTO 60, but I'm biased.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

TonyM

by TonyM

I have a set of DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 48 DB on my F10 disk.
And I just ordered a rear 62 to run as a combo 48/62.

muntos

by muntos

Thank you guys for all your replies and ideas, the Bora WTO 45 catched my attention, the wheels look stunning and the posibility to go tubeless it tempts me badly :D

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

None. I'd sell the made in China Pinarello and buy a nice bike instead.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

nafaiutb wrote:None. I'd sell the made in China Pinarello and buy a nice bike instead.

....Someone here is pretty much in the US election mood..

Come on, your post doesn’t help the OP...Image