DT Swiss DICUT DB - New wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
powerslide

by powerslide

Just got a set of erc 1400 today they look so good. Weight 836 and 693 with tape. 1529 Stoked to get them on the road

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DOUG

by DOUG

propellerhead92 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:23 am
I have a set of ARC1400s I bought in January but have yet to ride since im still waiting for my frameset. Wondering what to do re: hub engagement issues? Just ride them and hope for the best?
Ive put approx 2,000km on mine and I havent had this issue so far but it is a bit of a concern. The freehub is much louder now than when i first put them on, which is to be expected really. I quite like the noise of the ratchet though, its a relatively low frequency and more of a click than a metallic sound such as Chris King or Carbon Ti. Easy enough to quieten them down though, just need to refresh the grease every couple of thousand km, 5min job.

propellerhead92

by propellerhead92

DOUG wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:13 am
propellerhead92 wrote:
I have a set of ARC1400s I bought in January but have yet to ride since im still waiting for my frameset. Wondering what to do re: hub engagement issues? Just ride them and hope for the best?
Ive put approx 2,000km on mine and I havent had this issue so far but it is a bit of a concern. The freehub is much louder now than when i first put them on, which is to be expected really. I quite like the noise of the ratchet though, its a relatively low frequency and more of a click than a metallic sound such as Chris King or Carbon Ti. Easy enough to quieten them down though, just need to refresh the grease every couple of thousand km, 5min job.
Thanks mate - I just got my bike built up and riding them now. Fingers crossed.

DOUG

by DOUG

propellerhead92 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:08 am
DOUG wrote:
propellerhead92 wrote:
Aaaaand I spoke too soon.

Did it twice on a 140km ride on Saturday. Guess I'll be sending them to the service centre to have the hub repaired/replaced. Hopefully I dont see you in the EXP Hub thread :D

propellerhead92

by propellerhead92

DOUG wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:20 am
propellerhead92 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:08 am
DOUG wrote:
propellerhead92 wrote:
Aaaaand I spoke too soon.

Did it twice on a 140km ride on Saturday. Guess I'll be sending them to the service centre to have the hub repaired/replaced. Hopefully I dont see you in the EXP Hub thread :D
Damn, no good mate - fingers crossed you can get it sorted ASAP. Hahah yes hopefully!

kipers

by kipers

Looks like there is action taken globally by DTSwiss - on their site there is service information with webform when you can message them to put a exchange request.

I did so, they confirmed by DTSwiss ID on my wheel that my ratchet can be affected (had no signs of fault yet) and local service got to me by email to offer parts exchange if i send the wheel back.

After a phone call we agreed they will send me all necessary parts and grease as exchange seems pretty easy and will not have to send the whole wheel.

Leon

by Leon

Leon wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:59 pm
Got a pair of PR1400 Dicut 21db today. A bit disappointed of the weight... Claimed weight about 1443 grams. Real weight with 12/100 front and QR rear: 1506 grams..... So the claimed weight is without tubeless tape and possibly the adapters? Does anyone know? They should tell us what the weight is based on on their website I imagine....
So apart from the weight issue the rear wheel was very noisy (when pedaling - not talking about the freehub sound when freewheeling). I did 1500km on them hoping they would get quieter when run in...but nothing like that. So the rear wheel is now at DTSwiss for a check. Putting the spare wheel in solved the noise issue at once. So pretty sure it is not another issue since the cassette and disc are used in the same set up. And as far as I'm aware I don't have the EXP hubs. I read about some issues on those hubs.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Been running my 80mm 1100s for the past 1,000km and they're quite frankly exceptional. Better in the wind that my Enve 5.6s.
Attachments
34B6A70E-9A81-4812-BB3D-762F7EBDDB72.jpeg
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Stueys

by Stueys

ryanw wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:08 am
Been running my 80mm 1100s for the past 1,000km and they're quite frankly exceptional. Better in the wind that my Enve 5.6s.
Different depths I know but how would you compare the DICUT's to the Rapides (which I think you also have)? Trying to chose between the two for a mid-depth build.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

So the Rapides are the best wheels on the market IMO, however, I'd probably swap them out for a 50/62 or 62/62 combo of the 1100s now after riding these 80s.
I even think a 62/80 combo would be fine for everyday riding, as long as weight wasn't you're number one priority.

spartan

by spartan

if the rapides are the best why are you moving to dtswiss combo ? better aero/stiffness?
cheers
ryanw wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:58 pm
So the Rapides are the best wheels on the market IMO, however, I'd probably swap them out for a 50/62 or 62/62 combo of the 1100s now after riding these 80s.
I even think a 62/80 combo would be fine for everyday riding, as long as weight wasn't you're number one priority.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I still own and use two sets of Rapides.
I have the 80mm 1100s for KOM chasing and RBTTs.

Stueys

by Stueys

ryanw wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:58 pm
:thumbup:

Jussikka

by Jussikka

kipers wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:19 am
Looks like there is action taken globally by DTSwiss - on their site there is service information with webform when you can message them to put a exchange request.

I did so, they confirmed by DTSwiss ID on my wheel that my ratchet can be affected (had no signs of fault yet) and local service got to me by email to offer parts exchange if i send the wheel back.

After a phone call we agreed they will send me all necessary parts and grease as exchange seems pretty easy and will not have to send the whole wheel.
I'm a bit late to this thread (be nice to me, it's my first post) but I bought a pair of ARC1400 some time back and they were indeed of the affected production patch. Filled the form with DT Swiss, got an email the same day CC'd to the local distributor. Called the distributor and they send the replacement parts to my mechanic of choice who got them in a couple of days. The whole process really worked smooth as a Swiss hub. I guess the problems shouldn't have happened at the first place but I am quite impressed by the way DT Swiss owned the problem and got the hubs fixed.
Focus.jpg

Leon

by Leon

Leon wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:22 am
Leon wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:59 pm
Got a pair of PR1400 Dicut 21db today. A bit disappointed of the weight... Claimed weight about 1443 grams. Real weight with 12/100 front and QR rear: 1506 grams..... So the claimed weight is without tubeless tape and possibly the adapters? Does anyone know? They should tell us what the weight is based on on their website I imagine....
So apart from the weight issue the rear wheel was very noisy (when pedaling - not talking about the freehub sound when freewheeling). I did 1500km on them hoping they would get quieter when run in...but nothing like that. So the rear wheel is now at DTSwiss for a check.
So, I got the wheel back from DTSwiss. The wheel is rebuild with new spokes and nipples. And it is 20 grams heavier than before. I did some research and 20 grams is the difference between aluminium and brass nipples. So I'm not sure because they didn tell me but it seems I have brass nipples in my wheel now. Now I need to test it and hopefully it is quiet now. If so than I'm willing to take on the weight penalty.

Waiting on some discs now before I will test them.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com