ENVE SES 2021

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Interesting! Presumably this will increase the ratio of outside width to inside width and improve the aerodynamics as well? A bit like Hunt Limitless and Roval Rapide.
Obviously I get the emphasis on a wide bead for their gravel and MTB range, but pinch flatting would seem to be a bit down the list of considerations for the AR series to me at least.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

kode54 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:24 pm
ajcav86 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:38 pm
With manufacturing back log in the Far East looks like it will be beginning of 2021 by the time we see these on the road... it is a shame Zipp don't do rim only....
Isn't Enve's manufacturing in the US?
Yes

https://www.enve.com/en/journal/u-s-made-by-choice/
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

The enve official site is under maintenance. Maybe launching new product?

ms6073

by ms6073

Ooh, that would be nice. Sorry for the topic drift but I have been waiting patiently for Enve to release the integrated SES carbon bars that were discussed last year in the thread about Enve Integrated bar/stem prototypes.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

The page is back up and it is a full bike with new cockpit they released, no new wheels though...
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

polpy

by polpy

any news here? Want a pair of 5.6 but wider would be nice.

TourmaletteduFromage

by TourmaletteduFromage

NSWCruiser wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:25 am
Recently I sent an email to ENVE and asked if there is going to be an update for the ENVE SES 4.5 AR. The answer is positive, there is going to be an update next year with the inclusion of wide hookless bead technology. You can expect that the wheels will be more puncture resistent. But at the same time, the weight does not necessarily go lighter.

I have ordered mine, but still waiting for the shipment. It has been a few months :(
What is the difference between this "Wide Hookless Bead Technology" and the Tubeless Hookless that is currently present on the 4.5AR?

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

TourmaletteduFromage wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:08 pm
NSWCruiser wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:25 am
Recently I sent an email to ENVE and asked if there is going to be an update for the ENVE SES 4.5 AR. The answer is positive, there is going to be an update next year with the inclusion of wide hookless bead technology. You can expect that the wheels will be more puncture resistent. But at the same time, the weight does not necessarily go lighter.

I have ordered mine, but still waiting for the shipment. It has been a few months :(
What is the difference between this "Wide Hookless Bead Technology" and the Tubeless Hookless that is currently present on the 4.5AR?
please see the reply i made on 01 dec 2020. in summary, the lip of the rim is thicker to ensure outer tyre cannot be snake-bite in event of hitting a pothole (or alike) and bottoming out.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

TourmaletteduFromage

by TourmaletteduFromage

WorkonSunday wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:50 pm
please see the reply i made on 01 dec 2020. in summary, the lip of the rim is thicker to ensure outer tyre cannot be snake-bite in event of hitting a pothole (or alike) and bottoming out.
Thank you! What isn't clear to me however if this is now already implemented on the 4.5AR or if they are still due for an update. If the latter is correct, would you say this is something worth waiting on? To me it does not sound like something one really needs.

tmrace

by tmrace

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:20 am
WorkonSunday wrote:
Thank you! What isn't clear to me however if this is now already implemented on the 4.5AR or if they are still due for an update. If the latter is correct, would you say this is something worth waiting on? To me it does not sound like something one really needs.
I've heard the rumor mill rumbling that there is an all new Enve road wheel line up in the works. Has anybody heard anything else about that yet?

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

tmrace wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:24 am
WorkonSunday wrote:
I've heard the rumor mill rumbling that there is an all new Enve road wheel line up in the works. Has anybody heard anything else about that yet?
Did you hear which ones would be updated?

tmrace

by tmrace

Ride4Life wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:31 pm
tmrace wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:24 am
WorkonSunday wrote:
Did you hear which ones would be updated?
I heard the whole road lineup. Supposedly they will move away from the current AR and SES and go for a hybrid approach somewhere in between. Likely using a 21-23mm internal and a 30-32 external. Hookless across the entire range from 2.x to 7.x. I heard they might be built with some new hub Enve is working on. Supposedly weights will remain similar or slightly less than the current models. I'd guess the lineup will probably keep the SES branding though and simplify by ditching the AR.

This is all just hearsay from guys who claim to ride with Enve employees. So I'd love to know if anyone else has heard more?

kode54

by kode54

Good to know. Maybe supply may improve.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc