chinese wheels from light carbon info

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

enrics87

by enrics87

Hello guys, i have a cannondale caad 105, entry level bike, they told me that next upgrade will be the wheels,
around 1100 dollars for a quality wheel set, and they told me the bike will feel completely different.

now i was looking around and i found this company in china where they produce wheels and carbon frame.

https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcarbon ... s_p52.html

anyone tried or bought?
any feedback?
those wheels are costing 670 dollars. i bealive that they could be good quality, as buy directly from the factory and are still expensive for no brand wheels.
thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

emotive

by emotive

No direct experience with that brand but I have purchased 3 wheel sets from Light Bicycle in China. They have the best reputation for quality and innovation of the Chinese brands, there is a long thread on this forum with hundreds of happy customers. I would suggest you consider them and ask if it is worth saving $50 to go with another brand without the same reputation.

ofsinreno

by ofsinreno

I would also look at Winspace Hyper Wheels. There's a YouTube channel called China Cycling where he does a review of them. I bought a set of 38mm Carbon Clinchers (rim brake) and I LOVE them! They are light, stiff, they roll incredibly well. And they are $1100 including shipping but Joe from China Cycling has a promo code to get you 10% off that price. You also get a warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

tastybeer

by tastybeer

I’ve been riding a light carbon gravel frame for over a year now. It has been pretty faultless. And the delivery and customer service pretty seamless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmsolomon

by Hmsolomon

enrics87 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:17 am
Hello guys, i have a cannondale caad 105, entry level bike, they told me that next upgrade will be the wheels,
around 1100 dollars for a quality wheel set, and they told me the bike will feel completely different.

now i was looking around and i found this company in china where they produce wheels and carbon frame.

https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcarbon ... s_p52.html

anyone tried or bought?
any feedback?
those wheels are costing 670 dollars. i bealive that they could be good quality, as buy directly from the factory and are still expensive for no brand wheels.
thank you
@eric87, Did you end up getting anything from LightCarbon? I'm looking at their carbon/graphene rims.
Harold Solomon

Atlanta, GA
Road - 2016 Cervelo R3, 2008 Serotta Fierte
Mountain - '97 Gary Fisher Sugar 2
Cross - Ritchey Breakaway
Commuter - '79 Raleigh Grand Prix w/Brooks - found dumpster diving

Jimlee

by Jimlee

contact me , now more and more wheels and rims and frames for choosing,
Jim Lee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carbon bicycle components OEM factory (rims, wheels, frames, etc.)
Mobile/WhatsApp: +86 13459241476 Skype: waqvx3
E-mail: jim@lightcarbon.com Website: www.lightcarbon.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com